Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kitkat_30 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Nov 3, 2009, 07:55 AM
    Bright red bleeding, very light only 3-4 days long
    Anyone that can give me some insight on this would be greatly appreciated. I have two amazing children now and I am wondering if I could possibly be pregnant again. My last period was on October 1st and lasted 5 days like normal. I typically get my period every 28 days every month. Well I had unprotected sex on October 12th. The same week of having unprotected sex I started getting very gassy. Then the following week I was getting sore breasts and small cramping began. Well what really throws me for a loop is that on October 29th (the day my period was to come) I actually started bleeding lightly. This bleeding was very light to where I could wear one tampon all day and it wouldn't soak through... (though I did not do that I did change it regularly.) This period went on for 3-4 days with the very light bleeding. It ranged from bright red blood to brown towards the end of the bleeding. My periods are ALWAYS 5 days and the days 2-4 are very heavy bleeding typically. So today I am just spotting brown discharge and not much at all... but very mild cramps are still happening. I have taken 7 pregnancy tests. All have been negative. The last one I took was on Saturday, October 31st. I was thinking of taking one more tomorrow morning when I woke up. I am just wondering if anyone else has had this same thing happen to them and if so what was the outcome or if anyone knows what I am experiencing? I would just like to know if this is pregnancy implantation bleeding that could have happened or something else. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thank you so much!
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Nov 3, 2009, 08:01 AM
    Sounds like your period. We all have months that are just "not quite right" every once in a while.

Nov 3, 2009, 08:05 AM

You think so? I just wonder because it was sooo light... barely any every day but it did last from Thursday night until Monday night... it ranged from bright red to pink to brown. It is totally not like my period at all. With implantation bleeding (which I have never had) does it sometimes last that long and is it or could it be bright red? I will take another test tomorrow morning but I am wondering if I should also go to the doctor to just to double check.
    Expert

Nov 3, 2009, 08:07 AM
    Implantation bleeding has never been scientifically proven. You can read about it here

Nov 3, 2009, 08:20 AM

So it is normal to have a VERY light period every once in a while? If my pregnancy test is negative tomorrow morning again it will have been 5 weeks since my last full blown period... do you think I should worry still about being pregnant? I should probably go to the doctor just to be sure correct?
    Expert

Nov 3, 2009, 08:22 AM
    It's very normal to have a light period once in a while. Just as it is normal to have a heavy period once in a while.

Nov 3, 2009, 08:23 AM

I should say very light and very short period cause it could almost be called spotting for 3-4 days rather than bleeding.

Nov 3, 2009, 08:24 AM
    Thank you so much for the insight. Having someone to answer questions is so nice. I will be sure to follow up and tell everyone what happened with me after tomorrow. Thanks again!
    Expert

Nov 3, 2009, 08:38 AM
    Please keep us posted.

Nov 4, 2009, 06:08 PM

Well just to update... I took another pregnancy test this morning and it was negative again... so I made a doctors appt and went in this afternoon. My doctor was certain I am not pregnant and did not feel necessary to have me go do the blood test. She did have me do another pregnancy test that she said was just as close to catching the results as the blood test. It came back negative right away. I am still leary about it all though... don't know what to think. Maybe in about another week or so I will take another one just to ease my fears.

Nov 17, 2009, 07:51 PM
    I turned out to not be pregnant... it was soooo weird though because my period was soooo light it wasn't really there... had some clots and that was all really.
    boboqueen Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 20, 2012, 03:22 PM
    I had a similar situation but I haven't been to my doctor yet and the tests I took all came back negative. My period was three days late (I normally have a 30 day cycle). I was awoken by a gush of bright red blood Saturday morning, by the afternoon it was brown and only appeared when I wiped, Sunday and Monday same brown creamy discharge when I wiped. Tuesday there was nothing then Wednesday back to the brown creamy discharge when I wipe. Do you all think that it coud be implantation bleeding?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Brown Discharge and Then Bright Red Light Bleeding [ 11 Answers ]

My name is Emma and I am 21 soon to be 22. I am married and my husband works offshore... 7 and 7... I have been experiencing some health issues the past 6 months that has never been problems before. Yesterday I went to use the restroom and I noticed a odorless brown-like discharge on my panties. ...

Bright red bleeding 12 days before expected [ 1 Answers ]

I took my first BC pill, missed the second, took the third, missed the fourth, took the fifth and sixth, and then stopped taking them. I had unprotected sex four times during that time. My period would normally be due May 18, but today I had bright red (usually I have dark red) blood that came on...

7 days late then light bleeding pregnant? [ 1 Answers ]

I was 7 days late. I took test siad negetive. Then I had a light brown discharge whiched turned into brownish red. I thought my period started. The second day 2 day redish brown and light. 3 day very light now at night only spotting. Could I be pregnant?

Have had light brown bleeding for 4 days now ? [ 1 Answers ]

I've been having light brown bleeding for 4 days now. It's keep's happening off and on. It'll last for maybe a 1/2 hr at the most and then stop for a few hours then start back up again. This is very unusual for me it's never happened before and I have no clue what it is. Anyone have any ideas?...

Light Bleeding, days before expected period [ 7 Answers ]

Ok I have an irregular period for the most part (irregular in legnth of time, not flow). Lately it has been coming around the 20th but yesterday I noticed some very light pink fluid on my toilet paper. After that, there was no other sign of blood. I have had concerns about pregnancy and I am...

View more questions Search