Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gafurnace Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 1, 2009, 09:29 AM
    Evcon furnace dgat070bdc won't ignite
    I have an evcon furnace model # dgat070bdc and it will not ignite. My gas is full an the blower kicks in when heat is called for but I get no heat. I have replaced the hot surface ignitor an the ignition control. What is the problem?
    Joshdta Posts: 2,549, Reputation: 45
    Ultra Member

Nov 1, 2009, 09:31 AM

Does the ignitor glow? Does the vent motor run? And can you hear the gas valve click to send in the gas??

Nov 1, 2009, 09:37 AM

No it doesn't glow. An yes the motors are blowing, the vent motor is the smaller one rite? An I don't hear any clicking.

Nov 1, 2009, 11:38 AM

Sometimes it's the small things, the circuit breaker on top of the furnace was tripped, just give me the big dummy award
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Nov 1, 2009, 01:26 PM
    If that was the heat overload you reset you may still have a problem. Usually they have a small red button in the center to push in. Look for dirty air filter. Closed registers, restricted return air. If this is in a mobile home you cannot close off the registers in the rooms you are not using.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Evcon DGAT070BDC want ignite [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Coleman/Evcon sealed combustion downflow gas furnace forced draft with direct ignition (hot surface); I use propane gas. The glow rod works and the pilot lights, but the ignition module clicks several times trying to light the furnace flame and then shuts down. It will try again with the...

Gas furnace won't ignite [ 1 Answers ]

I bought a brand new central a/c and gas furnace about 2 years, I never have to use the heater until this winter. My problem is when I tried to turn on the heater, I did see the electronice ignition comes light but after few seconds is shutting off. I noticed a blinking red light on the control...

Goodman furnace won't ignite [ 30 Answers ]

I have a 80% GMH8 goodman furnace that won't ignite. I can manually light it when the gas valve opens and it will run fine and shut off like normal. The glow plug ignitor doesn't come on but a couple of times I have saw it glow for a sec then go out way before the gas valve opens. The furnace was...

GMH8 goodman furnace won't ignite [ 15 Answers ]

I recently had a GMH8 goodman furnace installed in the summer and after it was installed it fired right up, but now that I don't need the air and its time to use the furnace it won't ignite. It starts to cycle but when its time to ignite the burners it shuts back off and tries to ignite again. When...

Gas furnace won't ignite sometimes [ 5 Answers ]

Hi I have a 15 yr old carrier weathermaker gas forced air furnace model 58sxa080 the furnace works fine most of the time although every so often usually in the mourning and sometimes during the day ( after the thermostat sets itself back to 65 overnight) when the thermostat calls for the...

View more questions Search