Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    letsroll01 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 29, 2008, 03:37 PM
    Testosterone injections benefit weight room?
    I have recently began testosterone injections of 200mg per month. It seems to be helping already with my energy level, depression and sex drive. I was at the very low end of the "normal range" when prescribed. Should I encounter any benefits from this in the weight room as a lucky side effect?
    MrEasy Posts: 112, Reputation: 17

Oct 29, 2008, 04:41 PM
    If your levels were on the lower end of normal, the increased testosterone levels from the injections will help build muscle and help you maintain the growth and strength gains. The dosage you're taking will help you maintain your testosterone level in the normal to high normal range according to where you are in the period between injections. However, it is not enough to provide the extreme bulking that steroid abuse provides. Since you have experienced an increase in energy, I highly recommend refocusing that energy in working out regularly at least 3 times a week. Not only will you notice the changes in tone and strength within a few weeks, you will find an additional increase in energy. Another benefit from working out - your body will start producing more testosterone naturally.
    I've been on testosterone injections for over 10 years, 150 mg every 3 weeks. There have been times when I cycled off for 60 or 90 days periods. The result was always a loss in muscle tone. However, once back on the injections, I would workout and recover the tone again.
    Hope this helps answer your question.
    Blogg Posts: 61, Reputation: 4

Nov 6, 2008, 05:20 AM
    Well, the lucky effect from which I know is it helps you build muscle, cause this hormone can do that + reducing your body fat (sound interesting, isn't). It still have many other functions that really wonderful for us (especially male) to get. Of course you can get that from "outside body injection testosterone" like this. But what happen with your "hanging jewel" for a long time injection? It may lower your in body production testosterone to make a balance due to the receipt from outside. After less production, the testicles become smaller :rolleyes:
    And you should think too if you stop the intake after a long time usage. Your body may suffer cause the imbalance of the hormonal.
    But, if your medics told you to do so, then trust him/her :). He/she knows you better than me.
    Please add more information if I lack of it or neither incorrect.

Nov 6, 2008, 04:29 PM
    Blogg, you're right about the shrinkage of the "hanging jewels". If you stay on the injections without cycling, they will continue to shrink. However, I cycle with anti-estrogen meds such as Nolvadex. This prevents the body from converting whatever testosterone is left into estrogen and thus helps retain muscle. By cycling off the injections for 30 days or so, the body starts producing testosterone again and when the jewels start producing again, they are restored back to normal size. The bad part is when they are called back into full time service, they feel like a bad case of "blue balls".
    Blogg Posts: 61, Reputation: 4

Nov 6, 2008, 04:34 PM
    Thank you for adding more MrEasy
    clark6916 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 27, 2009, 02:28 PM

I'm thinking about the same thing, 250mg a month... how long is the cycle?. and do I need to take pills(anti-estrogen)... to raise my low testosterone levels?side effects?

Oct 28, 2009, 07:23 PM
    Clark, have you been tested to see if your testosterone levels are low? The dosage will depend on what your levels are. The same with the anti-estrogen meds. If you take too much testosterone, your body can convert that to estrogen and cause side effects such as breast enlargement. Routine blood work can help your doctor determine the proper levels.
    As far as cycling, I usually go about 3 months on and around 30 days off. During the 3 months on, the testicles will atrophy but by cycling the 30 days off, they are stimulated to try to produce testosterone and return to normal size. I have a new anti-aging doctor who prescribed HCG injections to help during my next off cycle.
    clark6916 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 29, 2009, 09:58 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by MrEasy View Post
    Clark, have you been tested to see if your testosterone levels are low? The dosage will depend on what your levels are. The same with the anti-estrogen meds. If you take too much testosterone, your body can convert that to estrogen and cause side effects such as breast enlargement. Routine blood work can help your doctor determine the proper levels.
    As far as cycling, I usually go about 3 months on and around 30 days off. During the 3 months on, the testicles will atrophy but by cycling the 30 days off, they are stimulated to try to produce testosterone and return to normal size. I have a new anti-aging doctor who prescribed HCG injections to help during my next off cycle.
    I'm not using a doctor, and want to know if 250cc once a month is too much, and do I need to take anything else with tes? And how many months can I take it for?. its for energy and sex drive?.

Oct 29, 2009, 06:51 PM
    Dosing on your own is not advisable. An imbalance of too much can lead to acne, hair loss, edema, mood swings, aggressive behavior and man breasts because excessive testosterone can be converted to estrogen. That's why you need a doctor to help you achieve the proper balance. Don't go to just any doctor. Find one that specializes in anti-aging.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Is low testosterone causing my erectile dysfunction? [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, I recently started having problems getting an erection. I'm a 31 year old healthy male who runs and lifts weights, and not on any kind of medication. I recently had my testosterone and estrogen levels checked. The lab results showed my testosterone serum levels to be at 389 ng/dl and...

Testosterone booster [ 2 Answers ]

Recently from eBay I found there were testosterone booster for sale which has the same functions as protein powder ( maybe better) . I am wondering if it is saft to take it and help you build and keep the muscles. Does anyone know if it comes with side effects. Also I found it says that it would...

Testosterone? [ 1 Answers ]

I am a woman and I had a blood test taken and my testosterone levels were higher than average at 3.1 where its usually between 0.4 - 2.7. I am curious to why it is higher and how I can get it down to a normal level. I don't have many girlfriends and am with my fiancée all the time. Does hanging out...

View more questions Search