Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mheller Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 28, 2009, 11:49 AM
    Goodman gmp125-5 motherboard shorts
    I have a Goodman furance that I have replaced the motherboard 3 times they last about 6 months. Every time it happens the board blinks 3 times which means a vent issue but when I check the switch current its correct. We do have power outages. I also noticed some discoloring were the plug(runs from board to a pigtail then to the sensors) fits to the side of the board. I'm tired of the tech coming out and saying I need a new board not sure why it blows.
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Oct 28, 2009, 12:45 PM
    You better be putting a shunt/surge device on your main electric power line since it seems to be causing most of your problems. Discolored wires mean a loose fit or bad connector and that also needs to be fixed.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Replace Heat Exchanger or Furnace - GMP125-4 [ 5 Answers ]

Thank you all very much for your responses. Your advice is appreciated. So much has happened in the past three days, but I want to share it for the sake of others. I’d also appreciate your recommendation on my course of action. My house was built in 1998 with the Janitrol / Goodman...

Worth replacing GMP125-4 Heat Exchanger [ 5 Answers ]

I have been told that my heat exchanger on my GMP125-4 furnace has 4 or more cracks by a certified technician. This furnace is 11 years old, so I am trying to determine if I should pay to have this replaced or buy a new furnace. How much effort would it take to replace this myself? Where...

Model GMP125-4 [ 1 Answers ]

Code light blinks 3 times how do I fix:confused:

Goodman GMP125-4 starts up but does not ignite [ 3 Answers ]

I have a Janitrol / Goodman GMP125-4 gas furnace. Two years ago we replaced the motor, capacitor and the venter blower assembly. Last year (Nov 2006) we replaced the thermostat with a Honeywell programmable thermostat and then followed that with replacing the original integrated circuit module...

Goodman GMP125-4 3 times light flash [ 1 Answers ]

Hello I have a old GMP125-4. That what's going on : Thermostat in my room sending signal to furnace.Motor starting work and then is nothing... I can see trouble code (flashing light) it is 3 flashes and long pause, again 3 flashes and pause... Do somebody know what that code is mean ? - I...

View more questions Search