Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    janc123 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 1, 2009, 12:18 PM
    How do I set a Airguide Barometer
    I inherited my fathers Airguide Barometer and do not know how to set it. I have it hanging on a wall next to a window and it has not moved since I hung it up. Can any one enlighten me on the subject?
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Oct 24, 2009, 05:36 PM

Vintage Airguide Barometer

On this site is says briefly how to set it. You basically put your altitude into it.

I have various barometers around my house and lots of indoor/outdoor thermometers as well. I have an old barometer from Germany that still works on my wall in the kitchen that I've had for years.
    KUXJ Posts: 975, Reputation: 97

Oct 24, 2009, 07:00 PM
    Hi! janc123, welcome to AMHD :)

The Airguide Co. went through several buy-outs since it's founding in 1930, the most recent in 1996.
    Airguide Instrument Company | Facebook

I have already made contact with Johnson Outdoors to see if they can help.

(Hi! td :) ) twinkiedooter's link is correct in saying it's a matter of turning the set hand to the right altitude. To make the adjustment.

Do you know your elevation above Sea Level?

Third link down in "What do you want to do"?
    EarthTools - Find places, latitude/longitude, sunrise/sunset, elevation, local time and time zones
    Once you zero in on your location, move the map to under the "cross".
    Wait for calculation at left.

K
    KUXJ Posts: 975, Reputation: 97

Oct 27, 2009, 09:30 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by KUXJ View Post
    Hi! janc123, welcome to AMHD :)

The Airguide Co. went through several buy-outs since it's founding in 1930, the most recent in 1996.
    Airguide Instrument Company | Facebook

I have already made contact with Johnson Outdoors to see if they can help.
    Just received email on instructions:

Do not mess with the small screwhead on the back, that is for Factory calibration only!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Airguide barometer [ 4 Answers ]

I purchased an Airguide Instrument Company barometer with temperature and humidity dials on it at an auction. I was wondering how to set the barometer and if there are any instruction manuals for this. I also was wondering how to read the barometer.

Airguide barometer broken lens [ 1 Answers ]

I have a superbly accurate Airguide baro (4-1/2" dia.) with a broken lens. Does anyone make parts for these, or will I have to have a new one fabricated? Thanks

Airguide Barometer [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 40's vintage Airguide Barometer with a broken face glass. I am looking for a replacement glass the glass is 4 3/4 inches in diameter. Any suggestions where I might look for a replacement.

Airguide Barometer [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Airguide Barometer with humidity and temperature indicators as well. The Barometer looks like 60's era equipment. It is an indoor unit wood frame, glass front w/dial indicators and I keep it in the living room. The Barometer reading was 26.5 but online the weather statistics indicated...

View more questions Search