Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sskeane Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 19, 2009, 06:41 AM
    Turned Goodman Furnace off @ breaker box. Now it won't come on.
    I was putting "bug bomb" in my basement and to be safe I flipped the switch in the breaker box off. When I turned it back on, the furnace has not come on. What can I check? I really need to NOT have to call someone for service.
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Oct 19, 2009, 06:52 AM
    Turn the breaker completely back off then back on. Make sure all circuit breakers are on. Make sure thermostat is calling for heat. If this fails something happened to your unit or the circuit breaker but I find that hard to believe since the chances of that happening are one in 100,000 or so.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dim Lights when breaker is turned on? [ 3 Answers ]

I woke up this morning to find my heat had turned off. I went to my non-programmable thermostat to see that there was no power to this device. I pressed a few of the buttons and nothing happened. The screen would not light up at all. I then went to the main circuit breakers in the garage and...

Breaker for a/c keeps tripping when turned on [ 1 Answers ]

When I turn on the a/c the breaker in the breaker box keeps tripping

Goodman furnace blows circuit breaker [ 1 Answers ]

I have a goodman furnace which has been running fine for several years. Now whenever the thermostat calls for heat or AC the circuit breaker is tripped. I had to have work done to another furnace and when the man saw this furnace he said it was notorious for bad relays and to replace that before...

Still hot with breaker turned off [ 2 Answers ]

What is the proper term for when you are working on a circuit that has the breaker turned off and you still get shocked. Is that called backfeeding a circuit? I was trying to do a search for causes. A friend of mine is working on some lighting. When he turned off the breaker the light went...

View more questions Search