Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    specs Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 16, 2009, 01:24 AM
    Don't know where I stand with him.
    Hi Guys
    New to this site but looking for some helpful advice!!

To cut a very long story short have been seening this guy for the last year on and off but for the last 5 months it has been going really well,we get on well together,have a laugh etc up until last wkd.I brought up the topic of "commitment" when he had a few beers on him and we had a great chat about what we both wanted.He told me he was very afraid of commiting to me as he didnt want to hurt me.We know each other for years as we are neighbours and i live about 2 mins away from him.I waited the night in his house and next morning he was so affectionate and we were talking away and getting on really well.I had to go home then and that evening we were texting but everything seemed to be ok.
    Now all week i have barely heard from him and if i have its been short texts and not much talk.I am at my wits end,i fell stupid now for bringing the subject up last weekend when he had drink on board.I dunno now whether i should just ask him the wkd to meet me and talk this out.I dont want him to feel pressured by any of this.

Any advice?
    I wish Posts: 5,296, Reputation: 2030
    Family & People Expert

Oct 16, 2009, 06:15 AM
    You definitely need to talk to him to clear the air. Communication is key to a successful relationship. Don't let any lingering doubts float around, it will just build the fustration.

I believe you started this topic last week with him, but you need to be clearer about what type of relationship you want, because it sounds like he's not providing what you want.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Want to adopt but don't want to wait and don't have all the money [ 12 Answers ]

Ok first off Im a single mom to 1, my biological son is 2 almost 3. I love being a single mom, the only thing is I am 22 and can not adopt through an agency till Im 25. I wanted to have a sibling for my son by the time he was 3 or at least be talking about him getting one... I want him to be the...

If you don't like long.then don't read or awnser. [ 1 Answers ]

Hey my name is Jhaunt'e... and I need help... well here goes lol... im a 16 yr old junior and this 14 yr old freshmen named Raven started talking early 2008... well it got a little farther along and we were on the bus on the way 2 school and I gave her a note that said I like you (I was shy back...

Where Do I Stand If I Decide To Stand Up To Them? [ 26 Answers ]

I am posting this on behalf of my sister. She Wrote - Where do I stand if I decide to stand up to them and say enough is enough? This is the short version, I will go into more detail as we go along. I hope you can help me. I am in need of some serious advice. Got 2 grandchildren...

View more questions Search