Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    alava Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 13, 2006, 07:53 PM
    School uniforms for teachers and faculty
    Should teachers and administrators of elementary schoold children wear uniforms?
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Nov 13, 2006, 09:03 PM
    They did in my school - but it was a parochial school and they all were nuns.

Seriously, no, I do not think elementary school teachers should be made to wear a uniform, but I do strongly believe in a modest dress code - for all teachers, regardless of which class they teach.
    LUNAGODDESS Posts: 467, Reputation: 40

Nov 18, 2006, 09:40 AM
    If the system wants the children to fall in line.. so the teachers and administrator should... why not?. do what they desire the children to do... what is good for the goose it is good for the goslings...
    dbek Posts: 74, Reputation: 4

Nov 18, 2006, 10:24 AM
    I think it's overboard to make teacher & administrators wear uniforms. I think some rules are just ridicious. Who is going to pay for these uniforms?
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Nov 18, 2006, 10:43 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by dbek
    I think it's overboard to make teacher & administrators wear uniforms. I think some rules are just ridicious. Who is going to pay for these uniforms?
    How about they buy there own just like the students do.
    LUNAGODDESS Posts: 467, Reputation: 40

Nov 18, 2006, 11:16 AM
    Yeah... have them pay for it... the teachers and other professional... can take this deduction off their taxes as a work deduction...
    dbek Posts: 74, Reputation: 4

Nov 18, 2006, 12:50 PM
    I'm not a teacher but many of them don't make money, a lot of them are already buy things from their own classrooms because of budget cuts etc. A lot of the costs are past on to us as parents. That's why I asked the question who is paying for them?
    sundance23 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 2, 2007, 04:28 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman
    How about they buy there own just like the students do.

Perhaps a teacher in uniform would have facilitated your understanding of the correct "their" for your sentence.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Feb 3, 2007, 10:07 AM
    I stand corrected.
    EJRH Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 4, 2007, 04:18 PM
    Personally, I wouldn't like to wear a uniform. I never went to a school that insisted on them... for kids or teachers. I would imagine that if I had to wear a uniform as a school professional, that my uniforms would be paid for by the school or I would pay the expense and then deduct them from my income taxes, just as many factory workers and other blue collar workers are allowed to do.

Thank you to dbek for recognizing that schools do not buy all that is necessary for teachers to use to be able to teach the students. I have often put close to $1000 a year into my classroom, but I am currently only able to deduct $250 toward these expenses on my income taxes.

Incidentally, do you know most teachers qualify for WIC and food stamps? Don't forget, we also have to pay off all those college loans!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Former Teachers? [ 3 Answers ]

I have been teaching for nearly four years now, and I have got to say I really don't enjoy it. It's not the subject matter (Chemistry, Science and Math) that bothers me, or the students. I love interacting with them. I just don't enjoy the politics of teaching. I wonder if there are any former...

Should public school kids wear uniforms [ 8 Answers ]

:confused: Im writing a report and I need help should children wear uniforms in public schools or should we just leave it alone and if you now when the first public school was started please tell me

School uniforms [ 4 Answers ]

I would like to ask about school uniforms,I am taking part in a debate competition and the motion is school uniforms should be abolished.I really need help here.I need to noe the pros and the cons of school uniforms as well As opinions.PLEASE and thanks a million!

School Uniforms [ 15 Answers ]

Are there any documented statistics that prove that uniforms improve school safety, student performance, or test scores? Are there any documented statistics that support OPPOSITION to mandatory school uniforms?

Children being harassed at school by teachers [ 5 Answers ]

My little girl informed me today that a woman at school stopped her in the hallway and started asking her a lot of personal questions about home in front of the other students. She asked her if every thing at home was okay, if she was being fed, what did she eat for dinner the other night? Things...

View more questions Search