Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    padloc Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 13, 2006, 08:27 AM
    Increase water pressure for ice maker
    I just bought a side by side refrigerator and I have hooked everything up correctly, I used the pre-existing line that was ran for just a ice maker on the old fridge which made a lot of ice with no problem, our current one has ice and water, the water works with moderate pressure, but no water is running up to the ice maker, I've already disconnected my hoses from everywhere, checking for clogs or kinks, I've determined that it is the water pressure without a doubt, is there any attachments to get to increase my pressure for just the line to the fridge?
    andrewcocke Posts: 439, Reputation: 22

Nov 13, 2006, 08:11 PM
    As a test, you can always remove the hose from the fridge and see how much pressure you are getting out of the supply line. If you are not getting good pressure then a filter may be clogged. If you are getting good pressure then a solenoid valve in the fridge may be clogged.
    RichardBondMan Posts: 832, Reputation: 66

Nov 13, 2006, 08:26 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by padloc
    I just bought a side by side refrigerator and I have hooked everything up correctly, I used the pre-existing line that was ran for just a ice maker on the old fridge which made a lot of ice with no problem, our current one has ice and water, the water works with moderate pressure, but no water is running up to the ice maker, i've already disconnected my hoses from everywhere, checking for clogs or kinks, i've determined that it is the water pressure without a doubt, is there any attachments to get to increase my pressure for just the line to the fridge? !
    Pretend you want water, nothing will come out until the resevior inside fills with water, once it starts running, it should continue. Just give it time, maybe no more than 3 minutes.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Increase water pressure from a well [ 64 Answers ]

Hello again, this is my third trip here, and both previous sessions were very helpful. I've just purchased a new house that is supplied by a well. There is a pump at the bottom of the well (I see an electrical wire going toward the well head). The pipe from the well feeds into a pressure tank...

Low water pressure to ice maker [ 3 Answers ]

I have an ice maker that is not working correctly: it produces hollow ice cubes and makes whining and clicking sounds almost continuously. Occasionally I have to dig the chucks out of the dispenser so that it can make new ice. I believe it is due to low water pressure as the water dispenser does...

Water feed to Ice Maker is frozen [ 8 Answers ]

My ice maker quit making ice. Water is getting to the fridge, icemaker on, couldn't figure it out. Then I noticed there was an "icycle" sticking out from the tube feeding the icemaker. Its frozen. I don't want to turn the freezer off. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Increase Hot Water Pressure w/Water pump? [ 3 Answers ]

Would a Watts Premier Hot Water Recirculation Pump (http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product.aspx?prodid=11026121&whse=BC&topnav=&cat=&s=1) (or any other brand name) help to increase hot water pressure if you install it directly to the hot water output pipe and then turn it on ONLY while taking a...

Ice maker won't "pull" water [ 9 Answers ]

?? Every day I hear the metal bar in the icemaker drop down, then I hear the freezer pull water to fill up again. Now I hear the bar drop (no ice falling) and no noise afterward. Pulled the fridge out, and vacuumed underneath. My husband checked the water hose, water is running through it for the...

View more questions Search