Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Glauren Posts: 7, Reputation: 3

Sep 27, 2009, 04:54 PM
    Pull a tooth
    How do you pull a tooth at home? My back molar has risen up because the top tooth had been pulled many years ago. The tooth has broken as well. Although it has risen up, it is still in there pretty tight. Can't afford dentist. Really.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 27, 2009, 05:00 PM

You don't pull a tooth at home. You go to a dentist. You could end up with a horrible infection that could numb nerves in your face. Someone recently posted that she had pulled a tooth at home and it got infected and her face was all red and blotchy and sore. She was wondering what to do next.

Don't go down that road.

Call the dentist and work out a payment plan or a bartering thing. Otherwise, you could end up in the hospital.
    flossie Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 181
    Ultra Member

Sep 27, 2009, 05:33 PM
    Definitely see a dentist! You don't have anything at home that can do the job the forceps can do.
    Amir1981 Posts: 246, Reputation: 6

Sep 27, 2009, 09:03 PM

Yeah that's crazy trying to pull out a molar that is not loose already, you'll just break it... where do you live? If you go to a dental schools emergency clinic they'll probably only charge you 30 bucks... when I was in dental school (few years ago, and in canada) we charged 30 dollars and let people take as much time as they wanted to pay it
    justcurious55 Posts: 4,360, Reputation: 790
    Ultra Member

Sep 27, 2009, 10:29 PM

I've had a few teeth pulled. I'll repeat what everyone else has said. Do not do it at home! Not only do you run the risk of getting an awful (even life-threatening) infection, it hurts! I had I don't even know how many shots of Novocaine before I really couldn't feel anything. Then they finally knocked me out the last time I had to have theeth pulled. So I didn't feel anything while they were pulling but boy did it hurt after. I have a high pain tolerance too. And I still didn't go anywhere with out my prescription pain pills for at least about a week.
    Glauren Posts: 7, Reputation: 3

Sep 28, 2009, 03:23 PM

Thanks for info. I am going to search out any dental schools in my area. I had no idea you could actually go to one of those and get help. Helps them too with experience! I remember there used to be a beauty school nearby that you could go to for low cost haircuts so they could get some experience. I have no idea why I didn't think of that with the dental. Thanks a million!!
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Sep 28, 2009, 04:39 PM

Dental school is the way to go. Be prepared to have a cleaning/exam as part of the process.

My dad pulled baby teeth with the string tied to the doorknob trick. Adult molars, nope.

Tip:
    Get yourself a few cans of Neutrament, a meal replacement. No straws. No coffee or chocolate until it heals. That tip is at least 40 years old.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Snowblower won't start, made bad noise using electric, pull cord now hard to pull. [ 7 Answers ]

I tried to start my snowblower today and it wouldn't start. I decided to try the electric start, plugged it in, hit the start button and all it made was a spinny grinding noise. Unplugged it, and tried to start it manually with pull cord again. The cord would not pull without lots of effort and...

Pull cord won't pull on Murray 2.0 mower [ 7 Answers ]

I have a Murray/Briggs 6.0 engine mower and the pull cord is sticking. It will stop after pulling about 4 inches. Then if I jiggle the pull cord it will extend another 4 inches. I can see a plastic piece that seems to be stopping it at every four inches. What is causing this and what is the repair...

No money to get tooth pulled and a false tooth then needed [ 2 Answers ]

I have a tooth that needs to be pulled and I will need a false tooth. I do not have dental insurance. The tooth will cost about 300.00. Is there dental insurance that I can get that will pay for this procedure now or will I have to wait until I have had the insurance for a while?

Ceiling fan light pull chain won't pull. [ 1 Answers ]

How do I fix a pull chain light switch that will not pull?

Broken tooth - fix or pull? [ 4 Answers ]

I have broken a lower right tooth - 2nd from back tooth. The dentist says that I need crown lengthening to prepare for a crown. Is is better to have a crown or just remove the damaged tooth?

View more questions Search