Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mylilangel Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Sep 25, 2009, 04:35 PM
    How can I get my 6 year old to sleep through the night
    My 6 year old has not slept thur the night since he was 3. he wakes up 3-4 times a night and feels the need to come wake me up. I put him back in bed. Recently I have been just telling him to go back to bed and that I am not going to get up anymore - unless it is am emergency. Now it is turning from just waking me up to screaming and kicking fits LASTING UP TO 3 HOURS. I AM EXHAUSTED AND LOSING MY PATIENCE
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Sep 25, 2009, 05:53 PM

You are going to have to let him scream and kick until he gets tired of trying to get your attention, mom. Ignoring it even though you feel like screaming is called 'tough love'. He has to learn at your expense but it is going to be worth it in the long run.

ms. tickle
    mylilangel Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Sep 26, 2009, 05:26 AM

THE problem is that we live in an apt blding and he is waking all the neighbors up. Also I am afraid he is goping to hurt himself or break something. I sometimes think that by getting out of bed and bringing him back in his room I am giving him the attention he wants and wonder if I should just stay in bed an tell him I am not getting up and just to go back to bed...
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 26, 2009, 05:56 AM

Sorry let him scream, personally and I get heat from this, a swat on the rear and told to be quiet never hurts either

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Two year old won't sleep through night [ 11 Answers ]

I have a two year old and he won't sleep through the night, he will go to bed but then wake up later on and stay up all night... is something wrong with him? Is there anything I can do? I do a bedtime rutine and everything... I am so frustrated!! :mad:

How many hours a 16 year old should sleep a night [ 4 Answers ]

Can someone please tell me the amout of hours a 16 year old or 17 year old should sleep for a night thanks

How can I get ny 2 year old to sleep through the night? [ 8 Answers ]

My 2 year old son will go to sleep at bed time, but wakes up several times during the night! I have put a stairgate in his bedroom doorway, but he just climbs over it and comes into our bedroom. We've tried holding the door shut, but he screams and bangs on the door. I'm at my wits end and soooo...

My 2 year old won't sleep through the night [ 9 Answers ]

My daughter use to sleep throughout the night or if she did wake up you could lay her back down now you can't she will not go back to bed she is going to bed about 9:00 every night but that's getting harder to she acts like she is scared in her room now what can I do to help her I know she is not...

My one year old wonr sleep through the night [ 1 Answers ]

:) I have a one year old daughter who up until a month ago slept through the niht after returning from a family holiday she will no longer sleep straight through, we let her cry it out in the middle of the night but it can just go on for a long time. What's the best way to solve this

View more questions Search