Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Isafjordur Posts: 72, Reputation: 1

Sep 24, 2009, 03:09 PM
    There's a girl I like, but I'm afraid to talk to her. Any suggestions?
    I know what everyone is probably thinking: "What a loser" or something like that, but please don't answer this with rude stuff. Anyway I'm 15, and in 10th grade, she's in 11th, and I´m not sure how old she is. She seems like a really nice person. I don't know much about her. My problem is, I've always been shy around girls, especially those I like, I'm afraid to talk to her (go ahead laugh at me all you like, but it's the truth). I'm shorted then her, which I hope isn't a turn off. I really want to talk to her, but as I said, I'm insecure. Please Help!
    jmjoseph Posts: 2,727, Reputation: 1244
    Ultra Member

Sep 24, 2009, 03:32 PM
    No, I don't think that you're a loser. I think that you're just nervous about talking to girls just like most guys your age . Once you get past the initial conversation start-up, it'll get easier. Go up to her and start talking about something that you know she knows a lot about. Ask her about some of her classes, or about a specific answer to a question that she knows.

With time it gets easier, trust me. Good luck to you.

Sep 24, 2009, 04:03 PM

Thank you. But I just can't seem to get over my fears.
    Ultra Member

Sep 24, 2009, 05:40 PM
    Read books on assertiveness and confidence. It's going to be all right, it's just temporary. Trust me. We all went through the awkward stage when we thought that we were going to die right there in front of a girl that we liked.

Once you get the hang of conversation, the communication will flow. It's just that nervous walk over to them. Make it easier on yourself and approach this girl when she's not surrounded by dozens of people.

I wish you luck. Just remember be positive, and be yourself.

I'm sure you'll do just fine.

Sep 25, 2009, 02:52 PM

Ok I tried to talk to her today, she was on the same bus as me. I tried to talk to her, but there were all these people around and I freaked out, so I didn't talk to her. :(
    Ultra Member

Sep 25, 2009, 02:55 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Isafjordur View Post
    Ok I tried to talk to her today, she was on the same bus as me. I tried to talk to her, but there were all these people around and I freaked out, so I didn't talk to her. :(
    Try again Monday. Go enjoy your weekend.
    artlady Posts: 4,208, Reputation: 1477
    Ultra Member

Sep 25, 2009, 03:03 PM

You just have to take a deep breath and jump right in.

Give yourself a pep talk before you talk to her.

You have assets,everyone does,remind yourself of all the good things about yourself.When you remind yourself tell yourself that she would lucky to have you as a friend.

Stand tall and erect and pretend you are feeling super confidant.
    If you act confidant,you will become so.

Read the following link and I think you will find it helpful.

Fake it till you make it - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

By the way,you are not a loser for being a little shy,we all have confidence problems sometime in this life,it only makes you human :)

Sep 26, 2009, 10:43 AM

Thank you all for the advice, I really appreciate it, I really do. By the way, everyone I know keeps telling me "Uhh, she's ugly, go for some one else" But I don't think she's ugly at all, I think she's really pretty. Should I tell her that? I don't want to sound like a creep or something.
    MsMewiththat Posts: 854, Reputation: 136

Sep 26, 2009, 11:30 AM

Be yourself. I think that it is the best gift that you have to give. Don't put on any acts, just be yourself. IF you want to tell her you think she is pretty do it. Be her friend and listen to your inner self. You won't steer yourself wrong generally. Take it slow and remember that we are all human and she could be the prettiest girl in the world and still be lonely. She very well may be in need of a good friend, you could be right on time.

Sep 26, 2009, 07:43 PM

Again thank you all for the advice, I feel more confident now. :) Sadly.. I don't have any class's with her. I may have the same lunch as she does, but I'm not sure. I see around the school everyday. She also takes the same bus as I do. I've talked to a friend of mine who know's her, not personally, but she said that if I talked to the girl, she would do most of the talking. :) One last question for now, if you were a girl, would you be creeped out by a younger guy talking to you or liking you? I think she's only older by a year, but I only guess this because she's a junior. I'm not sure why, but I always seem to like girls that are older then me. They seem to be more accepting and nicer, but this is just my opionon.

Sep 27, 2009, 09:05 AM

I think I'll talk to her tomorrow, but I'm not sure what to say :O

Sep 27, 2009, 12:59 PM

Hmm any ideas what I should say to her? My friends tell me I'm bad with people, especially girls, and this is true. Should I just say "Hi, my name is________ what's yours?" Or something like that?

Sep 28, 2009, 02:02 PM

OK I tried today, but she wasn't there. :(

Oct 10, 2009, 09:18 PM

Problem solved! I've talked to her, she's a very nice person. When ever I run into her in the hallway she waves. I'm not afraid to talk to her anymore, I've had a decent conversation with her and all is good. :) Thanks for the supports folks, I appreciate it. :)
    Cheers.
    hiaryking Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 1, 2011, 07:01 PM
    OK if you have any friend that she knows, tell them to ask her for her email address and maybe tell them to tell her you like her. That way, you can chat online and maybe you won't be afraid of her and she will get to like you more. Doesn't matter what age difference is. Note that no one should know about your relationship and you should keep it a seceret to yourself and her. Good Luck Mate :)
    sayp07 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 8, 2011, 08:14 AM
    Tell her how you feel man no matter what man sometime when you love someone and you shy to tell that person how much you fell he can be late so good luck man :)
    adviceishere Posts: 1,027, Reputation: 492
    Ultra Member

Mar 8, 2011, 08:33 AM

For the last two people that posted, you are 2 years too late! Check the dates on the posts
    Goolges Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 30, 2011, 06:09 PM
    Hey man, its easier than you think. Just walk up to her and say what's up or if you on the bus sit in a seat near by and ask her what's up its okay if you mess up (: everyone messes up. Don't feel bad if she isn't talkative or doesn't want to talk it's the effort what counts and if you fail the better chance you'll have next time of succeeding.
    Pogo1997 Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Feb 8, 2012, 08:49 PM
    No I wouldn't as long as they weren't like WAY younger
    Pogo1997 Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Feb 8, 2012, 08:54 PM
    Woops just reloads the dates :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Fallen for this girl and now I'm stuck both afraid and confused [ 1 Answers ]

There's a girl I have fallen head over heels for. I met her when my best friend liked her, then she was in all my classes and I started to like her then she went back to her very creepy and unstable ex-bf, then she turned me down, then we became close friends, then she dumped her ex then seemed...

How to talk to a girl I lyk? [ 3 Answers ]

Hey, I like this girl and I want to be with her all my life... but I can't talk to her... I'm scared... because in the past I've talked to many beautiful girls and they all turned me down and broke my heart into a million pieces... but I can tell that this girl is different... but I just talk...

My girl is mad on me, don't want to talk [ 12 Answers ]

Hi guys, few days ago I screamed on my girlfriend. She got really mad and upset. We have been together over a 1 year. She didn't pick up her phone for few days, finally I got talk to her when I went to her house. She want me to show her that I grew up and changed. How can I show this to her? (I'm...

SO SHY AND are people afraid to talk to me? [ 4 Answers ]

So I have been in a horrible relationship for 10 years. I have been physically, emotionally and verbally abused. I have one child from this relationship. I am 27 years old now. We have been broken up for a good while now, but he still loves to threaten me constantly, expsecialy about being with...

So sad &afraid, always, painful lonliness, I need to talk [ 4 Answers ]

I am so sad and so afraid all the time, so depressed it hurts. I have a variety of physical problems, they alone would stop most people, but the depression over rides them all. I need to talk, I don't want to be scolded or told to pull myself up by my boot straps. I have been treated for Major...

View more questions Search