Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cherri_blossom66 Posts: 19, Reputation: 1

Jun 13, 2007, 12:47 AM
    I think my boyfriend likes my best friend more than me
    Hey guys,
    I need some help... I've got a boyfriend... I'm really happy with him... but just lately he's been showing a great interest in my best friend... they have been talking heaps lately and they both have exams in the same glass so they are always talking and sitting together... he seems to be showing more interest in her than in me... they have longer conversations than me and him have and its been upseting me a lot... the other day me and him where walking out of school and he where she was... they always joke around and talk at the lockers... I love him and I don't want to lose him... she has a boyfriend but he's a lot older than us and he has recently moved around 10 hours away from us... and they are very much in love but I'm still worried about it... neither of them have seemed to notice their friendship is bothering me... I mean I know I should be happy they get along... but it just feels like they get along too well... I'm scared he'll break up with me cause he has feelings for her or that he'll try to get with her one day :( :( :(
    moomin007 Posts: 158, Reputation: 33

Jun 13, 2007, 01:05 AM
    Hey Cherri,
    The best thing you can do is talk to him. Ask him if he likes your friend. Explain to him that you find his behaviour upsetting.

He may just like her as a really good friend. I had more boy friends than girl friends when I was growing up, my hubby knows this and is fine with it.
    Talking is the key to any relationship.
    Be brave & ask the question.
    Good luck

God bless
    Moomin
    :)
    ILove Me Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Sep 29, 2007, 05:06 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by cherri_blossom66
    hey guys,
    i need some help... I've got a boyfriend... im really happy with him... but just lately he's been showing a great interest in my best friend... they have been talking heaps lately and they both have exams in the same glass so they are always talking and sitting together... he seems to be showing more interest in her than in me... they have longer conversations than me and him have and its been upseting me alot...the other day me and him where walking out of school and he where she was... they always joke around and talk at the lockers.... i love him and i dont wanna lose him... she has a boyfriend but he's alot older than us and he has recently moved around 10 hours away from us... and they are very much in love but im still worried about it... neither of them have seemed to notice their friendship is bothering me... i mean i know i should be happy they get along... but it just feels like they get along too well...... im scared he'll break up with me cause he has feelings for her or that he'll try to get with her one day :( :( :(
    Neva have your boy friend and your best friend around each other
    The reason why that's your bestfreind is bekos she just like you
    When he sees that he might begin to get attracted to her
    And she will do the same 4gettin that your in the pikture
    TRUST ME IT HAPPEN B4
    Try to keep them apart
    cherri_blossom66 Posts: 19, Reputation: 1

Sep 30, 2007, 07:55 PM
    I hate to say it but it doesn't work like that they have become good friends since I started going out with him and all his friends are my friends all my friends are his friends... its not him anymore though... a while back when I was at a party they were sitting on a couch together away from everyone else just chatting away so I got a little more upset and 2 of our mutual best friends noticed and made me talk to him... it stopped for a while now she flirts with him a lot!
    Leidenschaftlich für Wahr Posts: 243, Reputation: 46

Oct 5, 2007, 01:01 PM
    I think you're too good for both of them, and need to get these people out of your life. Maybe you can't help seeing them around but you don't have to talk to them and maintain close relationships with them. Tell her that she needs to understand that heis your boyfriend and she needs to respect your boundaries, and if she doesn't and your boyfriend doesn't leave her alone, they obviously don't care about you.
    Silent Breeze Posts: 114, Reputation: 6

Oct 6, 2007, 05:18 AM
    The best thing is to talk to them both, upfront, honestly, and calmly. Tell them how you feel and that their relationship is expanding and they're both forgetting about you. Tell him that you feel neglected, that if something is up between the two of them you need to know so you can find a new guy just like he found a new girl. Tell your friend she needs to realize that you need to be closer to your boyfriend than she is to him. Whenever she heads to talk to him remind her of her boyfriend, ask her a question about him, whatever. If you can't keep them apart, get everything out in the open and know what exactly is going on.
    Best of luck,
    Silent Breeze
    Hereiammydear Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 19, 2009, 06:06 AM
    Communication is the most important tool in a relationship. You won't get anything here, talk to your boyfriend whatever you have on the heart. After that you will know what to do .
    AdviceAngelx Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Sep 22, 2009, 09:02 AM

The only thing you can do right now is talk to him.
    Tell him how you feel, ask him how he feels.
    If it turns out that he is in love with your friend then leave it.
    Go find someone else who is worth it.
    Someone who you know that will always be there for you.
    It's better to have someone who will stick with you no matter what than having your heart broken lots of times.
    AdviceAngelx
    Help when you need it the most
    DaniDanDan123 Posts: 52, Reputation: 2

Sep 22, 2009, 10:53 AM

Hi.
    Well if I was in the same situation, I wouldn't talk to your boyfriend about it, I would talk to your best friend about it. If you talk to your boyfriend he might get angry and then he might use that as a break up time. But if you just say to your best friend your feelings I'm sure she'd understand and back off. And if he leaves you just foget about him. You might be upset for a while but you'll move on and find greater and better guys.
    Don't worry sure it will all work out for you.
    Dani x
    iamanonymous Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 29, 2009, 11:19 PM
    Hey there, I'm really sorry about your situation. I'm in a similar one, let's just say that. I agree with everyone who said communication is really important. An honest relationship is always the best. Talking to your boyfriend about it, and then your best friend, is really going to help.
    Thing is, if I talked to my boyfriend about it, it might end up in a breakup and I don't know if I'd be able to deal with that. And in my case, it's not my best friend, just a close friend. Well she WAS a close friend...
    If she really truly is your best friend, she'll understand if you talk to her about it. In fact, if she truly was you best friend, I don't think she'd do it at all. I don't understand anybody who would do that, even if it was just a friend.
    It's sad really. Talk to your best friend about it first. If that doesn't work, go to your boyfriend and bawl the truth out because it will help. You know him well and you know how he's going to react so it's totally your decision.
    I hope everything goes well. You seem like a really nice girl who doesn't deserve this.

Good luck :)
    X
    kbissad Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 1, 2010, 08:57 PM
    Hey guys, I am in the same situation my best friend is in his classes and she said that he asked her out but when I told him he called her a liar and then she started crying because she thought I was mad at her but she is not a liar he is. Yea I did cry a lot and I still do he has been begging me to believe him and I don't know what to do now I thought I was the only one in this situation but when I saw this website I know now I am not the only one. For everyone who is going through this I get what you are going through I hope you guys find out the truth unlike me. GOOD LUCK

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

She has a boyfriend. I like her. She likes me. [ 3 Answers ]

I've liked this girl since the eighth grade (I'm now in tenth grade) and I've kept my feelings for her locked deep inside because of damned indecision and pride... but my cousin has recently been telling me that all her friends including this girl think I'm the hottest thing in school! Not only...

How to no if an ex boyfriend still likes you [ 6 Answers ]

How can u tell if your ex boyfriend still likes you

I don't like my boyfriend as much as he likes me. [ 8 Answers ]

My friend Steve* asked me out about three weeks ago. We've known each other since last year and my friends tell me that he has liked me since. I went to a concert with him and other things like ice skating and movies. I never really had feelings for him and when he asked me out, it was so sudden...

HELP! My boyfriend likes me more than I like him [ 11 Answers ]

Thank you so much for listening to me. So last year by boyfriend tom asked me out and I said yes we lasted for 3 months then we broke up around January. My nosey friend hooked us back together. I like him in all but I don't want a boyfriend. When he asked me out I didn't have the heart to say no....

How would I know if my ex boyfriend still likes me? [ 4 Answers ]

My ex boyfriend broke up with me but I still believes that he likes me. He's always trying to contact me after what he did.

View more questions Search