Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hansford Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 20, 2009, 01:04 PM
    How does one tactfully ask for donations at a funeral for the widow?
    How does one tactfully ask for donations at a funeral for the widow?
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Sep 20, 2009, 01:23 PM

What will the donations be for?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 20, 2009, 03:36 PM

Most funeral homes have envelopes for donations, often with a small sign or note by them asking that funds be given to this charity or something.

There is really no good way of asking for money at a funeral. If there is a need, why not call up family or friends and ask them for it
    jmjoseph Posts: 2,727, Reputation: 1244
    Ultra Member

Sep 20, 2009, 03:40 PM
    I think you should be able to ask the funeral director for some ideas and possibly help.
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Sep 21, 2009, 01:07 PM

I would suggest that you not ask for money at the funeral - it's not the right time or place. Instead you should spread the word to family and friends using email, letters, phone calls etc that a fund is being started for the widow's benefit. Be sure that it's all above board - i.e, establish a bank account specifically for this purpose, and follow up with a note to all donors thanking them and letting them know how much was collected. Do not try to represent this in any way as a charitable fund, because it's not - these are personal gifts to the widow.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Widow pension in US [ 6 Answers ]

Hi! I'm Spanish and I'm married to an American citizen. We are living in Colorado and I have a US resident card and a social security number. As he has been working for the government, if he dies before me as I am his wife I will receive a widow pension from the government. The thing is that we...

Dating a widow [ 2 Answers ]

Ive recently began dating a widow, she is 42 Im 45, I have been having a difficult time dealing with her emotions and even insensitive at times, its all new to me and I don't know how to respond to her grieving. Thanks,

I'm a WOW widow. [ 17 Answers ]

Where do I begin.. I'm an early 20's girl, and I have been with my early 20's boyfriend for 6+ years. Now, I can honestly say that I am an attractive person ; I'm not conceited, I just know that I was blessed with nice looks.. not to mention the being hit on factor. Anyway. As many women say, in...

Widow to Act as Plaintiff [ 3 Answers ]

Brother-in-law passed away but has a pending lawsuit and now his widow/my sister wants to continue lawsuit on his behalf. Is she considered the executrix of his estate and can act on his behalf?

Swindled widow [ 1 Answers ]

I invested in a so called company starting up and selling healthcare benefits. I knew the parties and thought everything was fine. I was given stock certificates in the company and have a written agreement as to the repayment plan they would pay me back my investment. I also have a lien against...

View more questions Search