Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jpznkjz Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Sep 20, 2009, 07:24 AM
    Janitrol GMP075-3 Rev B will not light
    I tried firing up my furnace today for the first time this year, and it will not ignite. When the furnace is turned on the blower motor starts, the igniter lights up, I can hear a relay click (assuming the gas valve relay) the funace does not ignite a flame, I do not smell gas, the gas valve is on, the main gas valve is on, I checked the pressure switch which seems to be working properly. After 3 cycles of this I get a single blinking light which indicates ignition failure (duh) says to check gas flow, gas pressure, gas valve, and flame sensor. Well the gas is on and my hot water heater which runs off the same gas feed is working just fine. The flame sensor is out of the equation as I am not even getting any starting flame for the flame sensor to pickup. I am guessing the gas valve is the problem but, it worked fine last year when I shut it down for the season so is it possibly clogged from dust? Any help would be appreciated.
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Sep 20, 2009, 08:12 AM
    The cheapest thing to do first is to clean the flame sensor. A bit of sand paper or steel wool will do the trick. Stay away from the ignitor since it is sensitive.

After it is cleaned try the furnace again and post back. Here are a few pics of what the flame sensor might look like.
    Attached Images

Sep 20, 2009, 08:14 AM
    If the flame sensor does not fix the problem then you need to check the ignitor to see if it is glowing. You will need to be at the furnace the moment it is turned on to see if you can detect a glowing in the burner compartment.
    Attached Images

Sep 20, 2009, 08:17 AM
    Ignitors look like these
    Attached Images

Sep 20, 2009, 08:18 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by hvac1000 View Post
    The cheapest thing to do first is to clean the flame sensor. A bit of sand paper or steel wool will do the trick. Stay away from the ignitor since it is sensitive.

After it is cleaned try the furnace again and post back. Here are a few pics of what the flame sensor might look like.
    Ok the flame sensor is not the problem. I am not even getting a flame for the flame sensor to sense...
    The igniter does glow as I stated in the original post. Then I can hear the gas valve relay click but there is no flame that ignites.

Sep 20, 2009, 08:38 AM
    Since you already TESTED the flame sensor since you stated it is not a dirty flame sensor I suggest you put your volt meter on the gas valve and see if 24 volts are being supplied to the valve during a call for heat. The voltage should be there right before the unit shuts down.

Sep 20, 2009, 10:05 AM
    I will give it a try and let you know thanks

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

No heat at 70 on GMP075-3 REV B Blazing hot at 85 [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Goodman GMP075-3 REV B I am having a few problems with. First off I just replaced the thermostat because the thermometer was broken in the old CHT18-60. I replaced it with a LUX TX9000TS series. The problem I was having is if I put the heat on 70 it would only get to about 65. Now I...

Goodman GMP075 [ 1 Answers ]

the furnace is tripping on high limit , not rollout. It will initiate a call for heat. The flue fan will run the air switch will make and the ignitor will glow. The MV comes on and the furnace lights. It continues to run for appr. 2 minutes and the high limit will open. It is not a variable high...

Goodman gmp075 will not light [ 4 Answers ]

Noob here, Goodman GMP075-3 . Vent kicks on, hear relays activate on circuit board, ignitor will not glow. Manually sucked on vent pressure switch hose to make sure diaphram is in, no results. Cut off both end of hose to ensure new tight fit with no pressure loss and reconnected, no change. Made...

View more questions Search