Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rose246 Posts: 33, Reputation: 1

Aug 29, 2009, 05:56 AM
    I want to be an air hostess
    I've always waanted to be an air hostess,and I am beautiful girl and have everything the job requires.but I have one problem.
    My problem is the I have athletic,bowed legs from the knee down,and I'm afrid I won't be an air hostess because of this problem.and I know that this is a job that requires to be perfect in your looks.do you think I have a chance you guys?
    jmjoseph Posts: 2,727, Reputation: 1244
    Ultra Member

Aug 29, 2009, 06:09 AM
    My wife is a flight attendant for a major airline. She has done it for 22 years, and absolutely loves it. She's in Zurich right now. There once was a time that you had to be a certain height, weight, and years ago, you had to be single. But not anymore. They have small, medium, and large stewardesses. Knock-kneed, bow-legged, etc, you can be a flight attendant. The most important thing they look for is are you pleasant, nice, polite, understanding, smart, willing to put up with rude, obnoxious, peole. The world is full of geniuinely good people , but there is a small percentage that don't know how to act on a plane. You have to be quick on your feet, to handle any situation that comes your way. I wish you luck, but understand that it might be a while before you get hired, due to the economy and recovery from 9/11.

The life of a flight attendant is really cool. You get to fly to exotic locations all over the world , and they pay for your stay at a nice hotel when you get there. We, my sons and I, get to fly free too. We can fly every day of the year if we want. And more times than not, we get first class.

Good luck to you.

If your worried about your legs, wear pants to the interview.
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Aug 29, 2009, 06:19 AM

Some airlines have height limits (due to low cabin ceilings) and may have some weigh limits due to small work areas, otherwise it's "Can yo do the job". It's no longer a beauty contest.

It is no longer "hostess or stewardess" its "flight attendant".

It is also a part time job, 80 hours a month (FAA rules) and low pay in the beginning.
    rose246 Posts: 33, Reputation: 1

Aug 29, 2009, 06:26 AM

Thanks a lot.I feel much better now and I think I will apply for a job now
    Again thank you guys :)
    Ultra Member

Aug 29, 2009, 06:55 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by hkstroud View Post
    Some airlines have height limits (due to low cabin ceilings) and may have some weigh limits due to small work areas, otherwise it's "Can yo do the job". It's no longer a beauty contest.

It is no longer "hostess or stewardess" its "flight attendant".

It is also a part time job, 80 hours a month (FAA rules) and low pay in the beginning.
    My wife doesn't mind being called a stewardess. They still call it the "stew's lounge" at the airport.
    Ultra Member

Aug 29, 2009, 06:57 AM
    And yes, if a person is very very short, or very, very tall, they may have a problem. The same with very, very wide.
    blondieais Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 18, 2009, 10:21 AM
    I really wan to be a flight attendant but I am only 4 foot 11 is there any airlines that will take me :(

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search