Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tinyprettylight Posts: 13, Reputation: 2

Aug 13, 2009, 10:39 PM
    My Proven Way To Lighten Your Lips
    My bottom lip is pink with a dark brown outline.
    My top lip is dark brown (purple, some say).
    The dark brown is what I'll say is at least 2 or 3 shades darker than my facial skin.
    (it's about the same color as my dark knees and elbows which I am also working to lighten).

Originally, I tried lightening my lips using lemon.
    I sucked on the lemon twice a day for 3 days.
    On the third day, my top lip swelled slightly in the middle of the lip.
    It revealed a light brown tone underneath the swelling.
    I stopped using the lemon after that day.
    On the 4th day, the swelling went down and the middle of my lip was a bit lighter but not as large as the area that had swelled.
    I take the swelling as a good sign.

Then I was told to use Diana Stalder Lightening Cream.
    I tried this for 6 weeks and saw very little if any lightening.

Then I used the Diana Stalder Glutathione Soap with some Vaseline.
    On the 3rd day, the middle of my upper lip swelled to a kind of light brown shade.
    I stopped using the product for 3 days to give my lips a rest.

Now, on my 3rd session,
    I've done this for the last 5 days, only at night, and the middle of my top lip is revealing a lighter shade.

On the 3rd day, my lip swelled in the middle to reveal a browninsh-pinkish shade that was covered in a purple-ly layer. It's reminded me of a sausage, like if you cut the sausage top layer off, a clearer color will come out ;]

Here's how I've been using the soap!

- I exfoliate my lips gently with a wet towel or my tooth brush.
    - then I dry my lips and wet the soap slightly.
    - I then apply to soap to my top lip and the outline of my bottom lip.
    - I let this dry.
    - sometimes I apply Diana Stalder Lightening Cream on top of it and then I apply vaseline.
    - if you want, you can just apply vaseline. You just may be wasting some cream.
    - after I've applied the vaseline, I rub this in really nicely. You can skip this, I just do it.

I think the lips lighten from the middle to the ends for some odd reason.
    I've beeen having a hard time lightening the bottom lip outline.

i will be posting pictures for you when it's more noticable in the photos.
    i photograph much darker than i really am.

Depending on your skin type and what products work best for you,
    You may chhose to use a different soap.

The reason this Go Diva Lip Gloss doesn't work for everyone may be for 2 reasons
    1) it has more petroleum and not enough of the licorice extract
    2) licorice extract is not the most potent ingredient here even though it's gentle

And, well 3, not everything will work for everyone!

some tips and advice!

The upper lip is sensative, so it will burn.
    I ignore the burning.
    I mean, it RRRREALLY burns.
    Especially on the 3rd and 4th days.
    Sometimes the burrning lasted for over an hour but I simply ignored it because this just means the product is working.

The Glutathione Soap doesn't taste good but I just drink some milk or whatever and kind of gargle it.

I don't eat after I put this on until it's completely dried with the vaseline on.
    I usually do this at night so I don't really eat that late anyway.

I recommend giving your lips a rest according to your comfort level.

I figure I'll see really good results in about 2 weeks, excellent results in about 4.
    It may even take 8 weeks but I'm prepared for that.

I'm going to start apply twice daily soon.

If you've got any questions or anything, just comment here and I'll be glad to answer you here.

I hope this works for you as well :)
    table11 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 14, 2009, 03:47 PM
    Are you serious?
    Because I have the same problem
    My skin is browwn but my upper lips are close to getting black and the outline
    It looks like I smoke! That's how serious it is
    So do you think the cream would help fix that or no?
    MAHARANI Posts: 800, Reputation: 39

Sep 15, 2009, 07:06 AM

Are there no concerns about ingesting the produtcs ?

Sep 15, 2009, 11:21 AM

I know it's not for everyone and it isn't cheap but I had permanent make up done on my lips several years ago and I really liked the results. The effect lasts for approx 5 years and I am thinking about topping it up now that it's fading.
    so sexy Posts: 532, Reputation: 12

Sep 15, 2009, 01:18 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by MAHARANI View Post
    I know it's not for everyone and it isn't cheap but I had permanent make up done on my lips several years ago and I really liked the results. The effect lasts for approx 5 years and I am thinking about topping it up now that it's fading.
    Did you add color to your lips?

Sep 15, 2009, 01:21 PM
    Godiva lightened my lips. I didn't noticed it until after I stopped using it and one day I'm looking in the mirror like wow. So I have another jar and I'm about to use it again.

Sep 15, 2009, 02:02 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by so sexy View Post
    Did you add color to your lips?

Yes I added a rosy tone to my lips. Before I could only describe my lip colour as looking really lifeless. I hated it.

The procedure was painful as there are so many sensory nerves in the lips and straight after my lips were enormous. I had to cover them with a scarf because it looked so odd. But it was all worth it to me.

Sep 15, 2009, 02:14 PM

Something to think about... I am considering permanate eyebrows
    Golden_Girl Posts: 1,930, Reputation: 60
    Ultra Member

Sep 15, 2009, 07:40 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by so sexy View Post
    something to think about... I am considering permanate eyebrows
    Hey I thought of getting the permanent eyebrows too! But, I was also thinking that once I reach my desired shade I want to have them dyed them a light brown like Tyra's. So, I'm going to purchase the Lumigan (same as Latisse) instead and put it on my eyebrows and eyelashes so they will grow thicker and darker.

Sep 15, 2009, 07:56 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden_Girl View Post
    Hey I thought of getting the permanent eyebrows too! But, I was also thinking that once I reach my desired shade I want to have them dyed them a light brown like Tyra's. So, I'm going to purchase the Lumigan (same as Latisse) instead and put it on my eyebrows and eyelashes so they will grow thicker and darker.
    I've read that the Latisse does not work... have you heard different?
    imgorgeous Posts: 385, Reputation: 14

Sep 16, 2009, 03:09 AM
    My mother has permanently done her brows... her hair there was thinnning weirdly with age...

And now I think it luks awful. Although she likes it... just be careful with such stupid procedures...

She has also done the botox ONCE.. and claims it made her frontal line recede.. I believe its sort of true also because she had such a narrow forehead like most goan Portuguese do...

And now her forehead is alarmingly bigger...

Im forcing her to do a face lift instead of botox... botox is crap... now that it has worn off her face looks even more wrinkled !

Weird isn't it? But all true... anything you start you HAVE TO MAINTAIN.. I mean HAVE TO.. no alternative left..

So better research whatever you do !

Sep 16, 2009, 05:22 AM

I have seen some eyebrows permanently done that look so unnatural and really spoil the features . It is clear that you have to take care with the practitioner that you allow to work on your face. The make up does fade with time, so maybe the effect on your mum that you don't like will soften with time. That said, if your mum likes it, then maybe this is the look she was trying to achieve, even if it's not your cup of tea.

Sep 16, 2009, 05:27 AM
    It's nice that you can talk with your Mum about surgery. Not sure if my Mum would be too happy if I SUGGESTED a face lift to her. Although she has mentioned this herself before, she is reluctant to do it, as she believe that being a christian, one should not be so obsessed with your looks. In addition to the fact that she also is scared of going under the knife to achieve the lift.

Sep 16, 2009, 05:45 AM
    It's nice that you can talk with your Mum about surgery. Not sure if my Mum would be too happy if I SUGGESTED a face lift to her. Although she has mentioned this herself before, but is reluctant to do it, as she believe that being a christian, one should not be so obssessed with your looks. In addition to the fact that she also is scared of going under the knife to achieve the lift.
    Sounds like my fam
    Ultra Member

Sep 16, 2009, 10:48 AM
    So Sexy, I'm unsure about the Lattise but some people may have side effects from it from what's noted on the commercial, so it may not work for everyone. There are several people who just use the Lumigan which has the same active ingredient as Lattise (bimatoprost) but only cost about $15. But I believe it takes about 6-8 weeks to start seeing it working.

Maharani, was it the tattoo makeup that you got for the lips? I had a friends that had the tattoo eyeliner done and it always looked perfect. There are other things that your mom can try at the spa instead of the facelift, like the chemical peels, retin-a, micordermabrasion. There also this little pump that you put under the chin and push down, as it helps with exercising the muscles but I forgot what it was called.

Imgorgeous... "forehead is alarmingly bigger....."? Lol you have a way with words, I didn't mean to laugh a bit on how you were describing it.
    sagluva Posts: 84, Reputation: 1

Sep 16, 2009, 12:19 PM

I used to put fair and white whitenizer gel on my lips and it lightened it.. gave my top lip a pinkish glow.. I would also exfoliate after I brushed my teeth to get rid of the deead skin cells...

Sep 16, 2009, 12:57 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden_Girl View Post

Maharani, was it the tatoo makeup that you got for the lips? I had a friends that had the tatoo eyeliner done and it always looked perfect.

Yes it was the tattoo procedure I had done. From your friends experience you can see that done by the right person, you can attain a nice effect.
    Ultra Member

Sep 16, 2009, 08:26 PM
    yes it was the tatoo procedure I had done. From your friends experience you can see that done by the right person, you can attain a nice effect.
    Very nice, I did consider having an eyeliner effect done for my eyes but if it was only temporary I probably would get it as it looked so beautiful and perfect.

Thanks Sagluva for the idea when I'm ready to lighten my lips. Did it dry the lips too much?

Sep 17, 2009, 04:00 AM

Eye brows that can be glued on ? What if you have a malfunction and one of them drops off!

Sep 17, 2009, 04:11 AM
    Eye brows that can be glued on ? What if you have a malfunction and one of them drops off !!
    Lol

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

How to lighten dark lips? [ 4 Answers ]

Help! My lips had tuned dark, maybe because of lip products I used when I was still young. Does anybody know a solution?? :o

How to lighten lips that have become very dark? [ 9 Answers ]

My lips have become very dark. I don't smoke or wear lip stick. My lips are always chapped even with lip balm and I get windburn on them sometimes. I have tried remedies but they didn't work. I also tried a lightening cream called fresh up and a lip gloss called cherry pink, but they haven't...

How to lighten dark lips? [ 59 Answers ]

Hi, does anyone have any effective formulas or products that can lighten dark lips? I thought lips were suppose to lighten faster than your normal skin because it is thinner? Isn't there some kind of bleach or something you can use to lighten your lips..? I'm using godiva lip gloss, so far there...

View more questions Search