Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    esox07 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

May 12, 2009, 08:30 PM
    W.B Ford enamel brooch
    I have an enamel brooch of a Dog on Gold base. It is signed "W.B. Ford 1875". Can anyone tell me anything about this designer or value of the piece. I can send photos via email if necessary. Email me at: [email protected]
    emma_design Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 13, 2009, 11:21 AM

We have just bought a gold stock pin with a porcelain enamel lozenge centre which is a foxes face. Marked to the reverse with W B Ford 1864. Did you find out any more about your artist?
    Do you want photos? Email us at [email protected]
    emma_design Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 13, 2009, 11:24 AM

Just to go on from our post... the name is obviously the artist and not the owner.
    DorothyBerry Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 29, 2011, 08:03 AM
    William B Ford was an English painter who lived between 1823 and 1884. Stanley Dangerfield who was an authority on dogs in the mid 20th century came by a collection of such scarf pins dated between 1871 and the painters death in 1884. His book Talking About Dogs published by Rockliff in 1958 has a photograph of them and he discusses each one of them in Chapter 2. They certainly are exquisite.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Meaning of makers hallmark on 18kt gold brooch [ 1 Answers ]

My store has 2- 18kt yellow gold pins or brooches w/ HR on back they are both insects or bees my boss has owned them for thirty plus years. One has all diamonds and the other has sapphire and diamonds. What does the hr stand for?

Latex enamel [ 1 Answers ]

What is latex enamel? I know that latex paint is water-based and enamel is varnish or lacquer plus pigment or paint. So is latex enamel considered to be water-based? Cleans up and thins with what?

Latex enamel used over oil enamel [ 1 Answers ]

What problems happen when a latex paint is applied over a oil based enamel?

Enamel on a Tub [ 1 Answers ]

I plan to work on a tub for a tenant of mine. He has not taken care of it in any way. The tub is badly stained with little or no enamel left. The splashguard made of fiberglass has been painted and is peeling. There is mold in many spots. I plan to thoroughly clean and scrape all the paint,...

View more questions Search