Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    whlasala Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 8, 2009, 06:42 PM
    Disconnecting Faucet Sprayer Hose From Supply Line
    Hello,

I'm trying to disconnect the hose of my faucet sprayer from the faucet and the location of the connection is right in between the cold and hot feeds and the basin of the sink. Basically, there is no room to get even a basin wrench in there. I believe it's a compression fitting which bewilders me on how they ever tighten it in the first place.

I purchased a new faucet sprayer that came with its own hose and hence the reason why I'm trying to disconnect the old one.

I tried gently bending the hot and cold feeds out of the way but the wrench hits the sink. The feed for the hose does not bend or move easily.

I'm tempted to just return the sprayer and hose and just buy a replacement sprayer from Price Pfister but don't feel like waiting or spending top $.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Anthony
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Sep 8, 2009, 06:50 PM

There is always these things: Crowfoot flare nut wrenches. SK Flare Nut Crowfoot Wrenches
    mygirlsdad77 Posts: 5,713, Reputation: 339
    Plumbing Expert

Sep 8, 2009, 06:56 PM

Kiss has the ideal solution. A small pair of pump pliers and a strong grip will achieve the same goal.
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Sep 9, 2009, 04:28 AM
    Hi all:

Otherwise, you can usually just swap out the spray heads... see image below.

Remove the spray head, the washers and then the retainer clip. Reinstall the new head in the reverse order and you should be all set...

MARK
    Attached Images

Plumbing Expert

Sep 9, 2009, 03:40 PM

Well, now I have to say Mark has the real ideal solution. As long as you have the same spray head, and hose is in good shape(not leaking), just replace the head.
    Milo Dolezal Posts: 7,192, Reputation: 523
    Plumbing Expert

Sep 9, 2009, 04:30 PM

It is my 20+ year old complaint: Why the heck don't they make that sprayer attachment 4" longer?? It is always a problem. It would make life much easier for everybody !

Of course, this doesn't apply to Grohe. Grohe supplies snap-in fitting with their kitchen faucets...
    Plumbing Expert

Sep 9, 2009, 04:43 PM

Agree Milo. I always hated the threaded joint under sink for sprayer. But most of the newer faucets use the quick fit joints.
    elisabeth6 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 18, 2010, 08:14 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by massplumber2008 View Post
    Hi all:

Otherwise, you can usually just swap out the spray heads...see image below.

Remove the spray head, the washers and then the retainer clip. Reinstall the new head in the reverse order and you should be all set....

MARK
    I don't know when you posted this answer but I want you to know you helped me a great deal tonight. Thanks!
    afaroo Posts: 4,006, Reputation: 251
    Ultra Member

Aug 18, 2010, 08:57 PM

It was posted September 9th 2009, Yes Mark is a live saver and thanks for your update.

John

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Kohler Fairfax 12172 Faucet Hot Water Supply Hose leak [ 5 Answers ]

I have the Kohler model in the title... the 12172. Today, the metal-braided supply hose on the hot water side started leaking badly. It's definitely leaking at the top where it meets the faucet, and seems to be leaking a little at the bottom where it meets the water supply. Here's the faucet...

Disconnecting kitchen faucet sprayer hose [ 3 Answers ]

I am trying to replace my kitchen faucet, but I am unable to disconnect the sprayer hose from the copper pipe! The connection is a smooth cylinder rather than a nut, so regular & basin wrenches just slip around. I have tried putting WD-40 on the connection as well as gentle hammering to try to...

Faucet sometimes refuses to flow: is this because of diverter valve, or sprayer hose? [ 1 Answers ]

Sometimes my kitchen sink faucet won't work. Usually this happens when I turn the water on quickly instead of gently - there may be a moment of water, but then it's cut off immediately, and then nothing I do with the faucet handle will make it start again. If I let it sit for a few minutes, the...

Supply hose from kitchen faucet won't reach valve. [ 6 Answers ]

I just installed a new faucet in the kitchen. It came with 2 12" supply hoses already assembled. Unfortunately, my water supply valve's are 2" off the ground. I bough 2 additional 12" hoses and a nipple (3'8 to 1'2) to attempt to extend them. I've tightened the nipple as much as...

Faucet sprayer leak in hose [ 3 Answers ]

I'm new... I'm usually handy but I out of my league on this one. Does anyone know how to fix/replace the inner hose in the metal coil housing(? correct name)

View more questions Search