Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mrk7 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 25, 2008, 12:54 PM
    How do I pass an EtG alcohol test?
    I drank last and really regret it because I am not suppose to be drinking, but I found out today that I have to take an EtG test in the morning, and am wondering if anyone knows from experience how to pass it? I am not going to drink anymore because it is not worth this much stress, but I am moving into a sober living facility and didn't think that they did UA's before patients move in but they do. I really want to get into this facility, and to do that my UA needs to be clean. Any info would really help me out!
    Credendovidis Posts: 1,593, Reputation: 66
    -

Mar 25, 2008, 01:10 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by mrk7
    I drank last and really regret it because I am not suppose to be drinking, but I found out today that I have to take an EtG test in the morning, and am wondering if anyone knows from experience how to pass it? I am not going to drink anymore because it is not worth this much stress, but I am moving into a sober living facility and didn't think that they did UA's before patients move in but they do. I really want to get into this facility, and to do that my UA needs to be clean. Any info would really help me out!
    Sorry, but there is no way you can speed up that process. Your liver breaks down almost one tot of alcohol per hour. You know how much your drank. You know now also how much alcohol there will be still in your blood tomorrow.
    If necessary try to delay the test : phone them 15 minutes before you should be there, offer apologies, and a reason why you can't be there on time. Make a new appointment (as late as possible). Each hour one tot less in your blood... :)
    Good luck.
    ;)

PS : what is meant with WtG, and with UA?
    mrk7 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 25, 2008, 01:29 PM
    EtG is a test they can do to check for alcohol in your urine, up to 80 hours after you drank. UA means urine analysis.
    bgould Posts: 1, Reputation: 2

May 14, 2008, 02:47 PM
    I was on probation and couldn't drink. I would drink at least a 12 pack every Friday and Saturday night. The trick is to drink A lot of water on Sunday and Monday morning. I was EtG tested 5 times on Mondays and never failed a test! Look on the bright side, next weekend is a 3 day weekend, an extra day of drinking. Yahoo!
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 14, 2008, 06:43 PM
    Sorry there is no way to fake or cheat a test, it will show certain levels in your test, depending on what levels are set for a fail for you, it is just going to be close, no drinking on probation means just that.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

May 14, 2008, 07:18 PM
    I guess he/she would know the answer by now as the post is almost 2 months old.
    shonuff Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 18, 2009, 05:25 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by mrk7 View Post
    Basically stick your finger up your but. No pun intended, but we all carry e-coli in our colon. Normally it is harmless and part of our normal flora but it also has the ability to produce β-Glucuronidase that degrades ETG in urine. Basically you will be contaminating your urine sample with E-coli. At worst it will look like a UTI. Or you can drink lots of water and dilute but they look for that in your creatinine level. To avoid this, depending on how long you drank ETOH you can try the dilution method. If it has been at least 48 hrs since your last drink i.e Friday night, and test is Monday, I would suggest going to your local GNC and purchasing creatinine/ creatinine monohydrate 1 gram in 20 ml h2o, wait 15 minutes drink another 1 liter of plain h20. You should be clear after 1 hr and up to 5 :cool:
    missy goin Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 8, 2009, 10:08 PM
    I need to know what to do to pass an alcohol screening after I have been drinking the last night?
    cjr1984 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 14, 2009, 12:54 PM
    I do ETG's And I use listerine everyday and take pain pills at least once a day and I have never failed a test... Also had a kid in one of my alcohol classes drink on a Friday and pass his test on Monday and he drank a lot on Friday. These test are unreliable and ridiculous.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Flase-positive results on the EtG test for alcohol [ 4 Answers ]

I have Schizoaffective Disorder, and my Doctor told me I could have a few beers here and there and it would not hurt anything, but around Christmas I got pulled over for doing one of those "rolling stop" things coming home. They said I didn't act drunk and were going to let me go home, if I could...

EtG urine test [ 9 Answers ]

Is there anything I can take to eliminate ETG from urine?

EtG alcohol test [ 16 Answers ]

I just recently read that the EtG alcohol test was considered inaccurate because it is too sensitive and would create a false positive if people use hand moisturizers, deodorants or any other products with even the smallest hint of alcohol in them. Does anybody know if there is any truth to this.

EtG test (80 hour Alcohol test) - Drink Friday will it be there on Tuesday/Wednesday? [ 21 Answers ]

I drank a few pitchers and a couple shots on Friday. I will either have to test on Tuesday or Wednesday. Wednesday is a must, but I could get called for random on Tuesday!? :confused: :eek:

ETG test [ 2 Answers ]

If you are on probation in Brevard County Florida and you have to take a urine test, is it an ETG test?

View more questions Search