Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    urbansoul17 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jul 9, 2008, 05:14 PM
    Natural skin lightening creams?- alternatives to hydroquinone
    I am using palmer's fade cream at the moment, but I wanted to swich over to something without hydroquinone. Do you know of any skin lightening creams that are effective without the use of hydroquinone and natural?
    tengu555 Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Apr 19, 2009, 09:26 AM
    Hi
    Yes I recommend Over White.Its a new lightening product that just came out.Its all made from Natural plant extract.Very very mild and very nice.Expensive though.I have used it for two months now and my tone is light and I have become more smoother.Some of the ingredients are Primula Veris Extract,Veronic Officinallis,Bearberry Extract,Mentah extract etc.90% is made from plant extract and I think they also have salicyclic acid which is not harmful at all but very good for the skin.I recommend this product.Its calssy and it has emolient.Made in Switzerland by a French Industry.Very good and smells very pharmeacuetical.Give it a go especially the Lightening exfoliating soap and the super whitening Lotion
    beautifulskin Posts: 143, Reputation: 5

Aug 28, 2009, 05:27 PM

My friend says that Tonique is very good. I have bad melasma so I just ordered the cream and the gel so that it can lighten my skin in half the time (or at least that's what I'm hoping). Tengu555 I am kind of curious about this Over White stuff though. How much is it?
    lilgreg1 Posts: 171, Reputation: 12

Aug 28, 2009, 07:11 PM

Need something straight up natural? Then go for Kojic acid. Not only is it directly produced from certain plants and fungi, but it's actually effective and proven to work.

Of course, I'm sure you've heard of Alpha Arbutin (throughout these forums) as another solid skin lightener that's gotten great reviews.

If you're looking for pre-made creams and lotions, most contain additional ingredients that may or may not be listed. This includes Hydroquinone, as we've found certain lighteners containing HQ when they said otherwise.

Aug 29, 2009, 12:54 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by lilgreg1 View Post
    Need something straight up natural? Then go for Kojic acid. Not only is it directly produced from certain plants and fungi, but it's actually effective and proven to work.

Of course, I'm sure you've heard of Alpha Arbutin (throughout these forums) as another solid skin lightener that's gotten great reviews.

If you're looking for pre-made creams and lotions, most contain additional ingredients that may or may not be listed. This includes Hydroquinone, as we've found certain lighteners containing HQ when they said otherwise.
    Doesn't kojic acid come in powder form or does it also come in liquid form? :confused:

Aug 29, 2009, 02:03 PM

It's a powdered extract apparently, but may be mixed or dissolved to produce a liquid or aqueous-cream solution.

Sep 4, 2009, 06:32 PM
    It's a powdered extract apparently, but may be mixed or dissolved to produce a liquid or aqueous-cream solution.
    Oh okay thanks for the info. I keep on hearing that it is really good for skin lightening, do you know where I can get some?

Sep 6, 2009, 01:08 PM

Almost anywhere from Amazon.com to general stores like Wal-Mart, etc. A simple Google or other search engine search should find you a ton of suppliers. I personally haven't used it or bought it online, so I won't be able to give you feedback on any single supplier.

Sep 7, 2009, 11:57 AM
    Almost anywhere from Amazon.com to general stores like Wal-Mart, etc. A simple google or other search engine search should find you a ton of suppliers. I personally haven't used it or bought it online, so I won't be able to give you feedback on any single supplier.
    Thanks lilgreg I appreciate the info!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Skin Lightening Creams [ 10 Answers ]

I have pigmentation and freckles from over exposure to the sun. I was told about Dr Palmer's skin lightening cream and also read an article on Extreme lightening cream. I am a white middle aged lady and would like to know whether other people have used any of these or other creams successfully. ...

Where can I get skin lightening creams [ 1 Answers ]

Where can I get skin lightening products. I have gone to walgreens and walmart amongst other locations were I assumed skin lightening products would be available.but I haven't really found any good products. Help!!

Lightening creams [ 1 Answers ]

Will my lightening cream work if I cover it with a moisturizer twice a day

View more questions Search