Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Dare2Dream Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 21, 2009, 10:40 PM
    Daughter wants to have sex with father
    Hi, my daughter recently came onto my husband. She asked him to have sex with her. Yes I was in the room and no she wasn't joking. I'm not sure how to handle the situation. Of course we told her no but she got really upset and hasn't talked to us in two days. I'm worried something is wrong with her. She's 14 and yes my husband is her real father. She has never been sexually abused and she down't have any mental problems. Is this just a phase she's going though? And does anyone have any advice on how to handle it?
    bronzebabe Posts: 333, Reputation: 62

Aug 22, 2009, 06:44 AM

Something is REALLY wrong here. I don't know what that is, but you need to get her to a psychiatrist as soon as you can. I have never known any child- at that age- to ask her own FATHER to have sex. That's not normal.
    Catsmine Posts: 3,826, Reputation: 739
    Pest Control Expert

Aug 22, 2009, 08:14 AM
    What has she been reading/watching/talking with her friends about? Is she deliberately trying to freak you out? It worked on me just reading your question.
    artlady Posts: 4,208, Reputation: 1477
    Ultra Member

Aug 22, 2009, 08:40 AM

I have never heard of any child go through a phase that would compel them to ask such an outrageous question.

How do you know for certain that she has never been molested?

The fact that she got angry because you said no,is mind boggling to me.

It suggests she seriously considered it as a reasonable request.

I think you need to seek professional help for her ASAP as this is not in any way normal adolescent behavior.
    BMI Posts: 892, Reputation: 270

Aug 22, 2009, 09:02 AM

I would have assumed the child had a history of sexual abuse or that perhaps the father was not her real father. However, seeing as how you've answered that than I would really seek help for her. This is not normal.
    Justwantfair Posts: 3,422, Reputation: 944
    Ultra Member

Aug 22, 2009, 09:03 AM

I don't even have advice except immediate counseling.
    It's not a phase and very disturbing.
    I wonder if she understands the concept of sex.
    Have you discussed the inapporiateness of the situation with her? Where the question came from?
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Aug 22, 2009, 09:06 AM

This isn't normal and something is going on.

She needs help, right away.

The fact that she not only said this, but said it in front of you, that really worries me.

Is she doing this for shock value or is she serious?

Psychiatrist, counselling, whatever it takes, because this is a
    serious warning sign.

Good luck.
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

Aug 22, 2009, 09:29 AM

I may be totally wrong but is she "advanced" sexually for a 14 year old?

Does she actually understand what she is asking?

Or do you think it may be more like she wants to be more intimate in the way of hugging?

If she does understand what she said fully then she definitely needs immediate counseling as others have suggested.
    I wish Posts: 5,296, Reputation: 2030
    Family & People Expert

Aug 24, 2009, 09:50 AM

You might not feel like she has mental problems, but it could be another problem. I hardly think that this is a considered a "phase".

I suggest the same as the others. Get professional help and go from there. This is NOT normal behavior.
    azdesertchick Posts: 92, Reputation: 17

Aug 24, 2009, 02:35 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Dare2Dream View Post
    Hi, my daughter recently came onto my husband. She asked him to have sex with her. Yes I was in the room and no she wasn't joking. I'm not sure how to handle the situation. Of course we told her no but she got really upset and hasn't talked to us in two days. I'm worried something is wrong with her. She's 14 and yes my husband is her real father. She has never been sexually abused and she down't have any mental problems. Is this just a phase she's going though? And does anyone have any advice on how to handle it?
    Ok here's some questions I have if you don't mind answering it might give some more insight. You say he's her real father but has he always been in the picture? If so then how close are they? Is he an active parent? Or is their any emotional detachment between them? How exactly did she bring this up? I'm shocked that she'd think it was OK to suggest it joking or not in front of you which is why I was thinking maybe for some reason she's mad or jealous of you. Whatever the reason these are just questions but regardless get her to counseling right away! I know some disagree but in this case I'd definitely be checking things out like txt messages, emails, myspace, and snooping! I know some may disagree but this child may be in danger of a predator of some sort. Good luck and keep us updated.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

My daughter father [ 2 Answers ]

My year old baby girls bilogical father is not on her birth certificate. Can my current boyfriend, who I'm pregnant by now, adopt her without her bilogicals permission or approval? Can her bilogical dad get rights without proof that he is really her daddy?

Father! Marcelino montalvo. A daughter in need of her real father [ 14 Answers ]

Ok I now you hear this a lot but I am looking for my father.. I haven't seen him since I was a couple of months.. but when I was 16 and ranaway I saw him at the best buy in kendall Florida.. but I didn't say anything to him. I regret it and I just want him in my life. His name is marcelino...

Daughter having sex with father [ 13 Answers ]

This is really frustrating horrible I can't describe how I feel, I am heart broken. I went there to give her a sorprise and the sorprise was for me. I found this girl that I have been dating, having sex with her father , She is 27 and he is 69. I confront her and she tried to denied , but...

Father abandoned daughter one and a half years ago and step father wants to adopt [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I have a question. My daughters father completely stopped contact with my daughter a year and a half ago. We were separated for eight years, Since then I have remarried and gone on with my life. He suddenly stopped all contact with her a year and a half ago, stopped child support about three...

View more questions Search