Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    natalie08 Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

May 29, 2008, 02:54 AM
    Can I go back blonde from dying it dark
    I dyed my hair 10 months ago from blonde to black and now I want to go back blonde,can I?
    And how?
    My hair has faded a lot especially on top its darker underneath.Ive left it 10 months to fade out but also I was pregnant at the time :)

Please help as I really want my blonde back :confused: :confused:

I have tried bleaching a strand from the darker part underneath and it went a copper colour,what can I do
    starbuck8 Posts: 3,128, Reputation: 734
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

May 29, 2008, 03:19 AM
    You will have to get the colour bleached out my dear! Your hair needs to be stripped before you can go back to the shade of blonde that you want to have.
    starbuck8 Posts: 3,128, Reputation: 734
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

May 29, 2008, 05:34 PM
    Thanks punkchic! I also want to add that you shouldn't try and do this yourself! Go to a professional, or you could find yourself in a heap of trouble with your hair. Get advice on the products to use after you get your hair stripped also. It's going to need a lot of moisture and conditioning treatments, because it's very hard on the hair when you go from really dark to a blonde again.
    jolienoire Posts: 917, Reputation: 166

May 30, 2008, 08:58 AM
    If you have a really good hairdresser they'll probably refuse to strip your hair.I would! As I can see the damage, and the unlikeliness of you going back to blonde in the same day with the expected results is very unlikely. Yes starbuck8 is right This stripping process is what makes the hair go crispy, and extremely difficult to get a good clean blonde in one go. I would suggest you see a professional stylist, to prevent you from having unwanted results. Me personally as I would much rather see my clients go from black to brown, and gradually providing highlights than to see them strip their hair as it is damaging, I am more for haircare and not interested in money. However if you insist that you must dye it back blonde please go to someone very experienced. For the future use a semi-permanent hair dye, if you want to go dark, for a little while. That way it washes out.
    hairguru Posts: 4, Reputation: 2

May 30, 2008, 10:02 AM
    Your options are limited by the condition of your hair. There are color removers that are safer than others but all can cause further damage to a degree. The absolute best thing to do is get professional advice from a stylist you trust with corrective color. Please don't try anthing else on your own. The most common solution in your situation is mixing a low volume bleach with shampoo and leave it on just long enough to bring it down a bit-then moisturize and tone if necessary.
    Then go in and do hilighting if your hair can take it? This isn't something that can be accomplished in one visit. You have to be patient. Each time you go back to the stylist they will condition and add a bit more hilighting. Eventually getting you to where you want to be. Putting black on your hair is almost never a good idea if you are blonde. Its hell going back. Good Luck!
    jezikalynn Posts: 5, Reputation: 0

Jun 2, 2008, 10:52 AM
    Leave the bleach in longer then what is said or re-apply it a few times... stripping your hair kills it more then re-applying the color
    natalie08 Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

Jul 26, 2008, 09:16 AM
    With regards to my original question above... I went to hairdressers and had my haired dyed back blonde and of course from going from dark back to blonde is hard but the top part of my hair went well nice light blonde (believe she used bleach)the bottom went a copper colour to be expected I know.what my question is now is there a product I can buy instead of going back to the hairdressers to get the copper colour out??
    Thanks in advance! X
    keriaa Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 20, 2009, 05:31 AM
    My friend was in the same situation as you. She had black hair but wanted her blonde back. She went to the hair dressers and said they can't do I in one go.. They used a cap and coloured the majority and then done it a 2nd time and she was blonde again.. she only paid 55 pounds. Now I'm thinking of going blonde :) x
    stylist101 Posts: 43, Reputation: 3

Aug 30, 2009, 09:03 PM

Hair stylist2hair stylist! I love your answers! Yea gradual is the way2go! I get a kick out of pol who don't do hair and think they know how though!lol! The re apply bleach comment was the best!lol! Hair color is chemistry people!! Go2a stylist! We are here and educated2help you achieve your desired color!
    RhiannanxX Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 1, 2010, 02:59 PM
    I am in exactly the same situation because My hair is natrually blonde but I Wanted to dye it brown so I did but then its really dark now and I used a Permanent colour :S by accident and I am SICK of My blonde roots coming through they look Grey so I went out and bought 2 boxes of this Garnier Nutrrisse Pre Lightener Bleach and then 2 boxes of ash blonde and I'm going to see if it works Tomorrow.Though I'm doing a strand test first. So I will tell you if it works or not.
    june5 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 6, 2010, 12:19 PM
    I also did this, only it wasn't black! It was more of a dark chocolate brown. My roots were coming through, and I wanted to go back to blonde. My hair stylist refused and gave me a full head of highlights that match my natural color instead. I've done this twice now, and now I'm almost back to blonde again! Good luck with whatever you choose.
    june5 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 6, 2010, 12:19 PM
    I also did this, only it wasn't black! It was more of a dark chocolate brown. My roots were coming through, and I wanted to go back to blonde. My hair stylist refused and gave me a full head of highlights that match my natural color instead. I've done this twice now, and now I'm almost back to blonde again! Good luck with whatever you choose.
    adam94 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 8, 2012, 03:37 PM
    Iov died my hair brown from light blone.. is there anyway on this earth I can have my blonde back?
    adam94 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 8, 2012, 03:38 PM
    I died my hair 5 months ago from light blonde to brown is there anyway I can get my blonde back?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I dye over bleached blonde hair back to dark brown and it not fade [ 11 Answers ]

About 3 weeks ago I decided I wanted blonde highlights. My wife used Loreal Color Rays bleach blonde kit. And put in a lot of streaks. My natural color hair is dark brown. Of course you can imagine how it turned out. The streaks turned out yellowy orange and looked horrible. I waited a week...

Dying bleached blonde hair back to dark brown [ 9 Answers ]

I have bleached blonde hair and I am wanting to dye it back to my natural color. I can't afford to go to the salon so what do you suggest. Also, my I have tried to go to a dark blonde, but I think it has a green tint to it. Also I need suggestions on getting my hair healthy again after getting it...

I want to go from dark brown back to dark blonde [ 3 Answers ]

My natural hair color is dark blonde. My current hair color is dark reddish brown, and I had it dyed at a salon with semi-permanent color. Every time I've had my hair dyed, which is only about 5 times, it has brought a reddish tone out. What would be the best products for me to use at home to...

Dying bleached blonde hair dark - but what to do with the roots? [ 2 Answers ]

Hello I've naturally got light brown hair and have had it professionally dyed blonde for a year. I now want to change the colour to a chesnut brown at home. My problem is that I have quite a lot of root regrowth so when I use a home kit do I colour the roots first and then the rest, or the...

I Want My Dark Blonde Hair Back Please! [ 1 Answers ]

Okay,so I Tried Putting More Bleach Blonde Highlights In My Hair-Febuary2006 After Paying $200 At The Salon To Have Them Put In-January2006 I Turned My Pretty Highlights Orange.I Covered Them Up With A Dark Brown And Have Been Covering Them Up For The Past Year.I Buy The Darkest Brown Hair Dye From...

View more questions Search