Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Rickm2011 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 11, 2009, 07:47 PM
    Screen flickers when laptop is hot.
    Laptop screen flickers when laptop is at normal operating temperature. Updated drivers installed. LCD inverter checks out OK. If I set the laptop on an air conditioning vent, or I just start it up cold, the screen doesn't flicker. The rest of the laptop works perfect. Any help appreciated. Thank you... Rick
    talking_goat Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Aug 15, 2009, 05:28 AM

video card installed or onboard?
    tf7426 Posts: 282, Reputation: 21

Aug 15, 2009, 04:05 PM

What laptop is it?

Thinkpad T series and a few other laptops of the same era using ATi Mobility Radeon 7500 chips were badly soldered and the graphics chip "lifted" itself off the motherboard at "high" (normal) temperatures after a while, and they display that identical symptom (must be warehouses full of them, I have 10 I bought for parts), if that is your graphics chip then I'd put good money on it being the problem.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Laptop screen on my TV screen? [ 5 Answers ]

Hi there I have a laptop that has an HDMI connection, my LCD TV also has an HDMI connection. If I connect the 2 together can I use my TV as my screen?

Screen flickers [ 1 Answers ]

My Laptop screen had started flickering occasionally after I re-formatted it. What can be done to stop the flickering... thanks...

Control panel display not working or desktop properties and screen flickers [ 5 Answers ]

Um every time I try 2 go into display it doesn't load anything(not even folder) And when I try to got to properties on the desktop it doesn't load anything either and my screen keeps on flickering TELL ME WHAT IS WRONG WITH MY COMPUTER??

Laptop screen repair? Useful life of a laptop? [ 3 Answers ]

I have an IBM Thinkpad X40. Have had it for 3 years Spilt liquid on the screen a while ago and now, although the screen works still, it has a kind of mottled tidemark effect and is dark in places (can also see where drops of water are permanently "stuck" behind the screen). Is this fixable?...

View more questions Search