Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    txstovalls Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 13, 2009, 02:00 PM
    FRIGIDAIRE side by side freezer coils "icing" up
    I have a Frigidaire side by side refrigerator (Model FRS26ZGE) that the coils in the freezer continue to freeze up and the refrigerator gets between 60-70 degrees. 6 months ago a repairman replaced the defrost timer and it worked fine for a short period. Now, about once a week I have to unplug and manually defrost the freezer. Is there some other problem going on?
    curt31 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 14, 2009, 05:45 PM

Had the same problem he should have also replaced the defrost heater! I have a friend that used to do small appliance repair and he fixed mine he said when that happens the parts are so cheap, 60 dollars that it's best to replace both the whole thing ran 120 with labor and my frig is humming right along again. Sears wanted 250 so I saved a bundle it's really simple enough that I think I could do it myself if I had to again. Hope this helps

Tom j.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

GE Side by Side Freezer coils frozen up [ 6 Answers ]

I have a 3 year old side by side Fridge Freezer, our problem has just happened twice. The coils behind the back panel were frozen up with ice and would not allow cold air into the fridge part, that's how we noticed a problem. I used a hair dryer to defrost the coils, this I did 3 weeks ago, today...

Kenmore side by side -refrigerator warm ,frezer icing near vents [ 2 Answers ]

Ice maker in door barely making ice and forming icicles on door and near vents in freezer. The refrigerator is warm and cold air from freezer is not flowing into refrigerator. Ice is forming on door of freezer and near the vents .

Maytag Side-by-Side Freezer ice buildup on floor of freezer [ 1 Answers ]

I have a five year old Maytag side-by-side #MSD2754GR. I have had this problem for the last four years and have cleaned out the clogged drain plug each year myself. Seems that the ice buildup is coming somewhere else since water is not dripping down the back. Yes, it is humid and we are using...

View more questions Search