Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    uturn369 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 12, 2009, 12:12 PM
    Overheating 92 Ford Crown Vic
    I have flushed system , new thermostat, no leaks detected, only overheats when stopped in idling position, doesn't when traveling highway system. Water pump seems fine also.
    What is the next step to figure this out on my own ?
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Aug 12, 2009, 02:07 PM

Replace the radiator--it's likely phosphate scale contributed to its demise. Once you install a new radiator, or have the old one rodded, only add a 50/50 mixture of traditional green antifreeze and distilled water.

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/cars-t...tml#post235973
    s2000man Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Aug 12, 2009, 02:32 PM

On the fords they had a problem with the intakes leaking because they were made of plastic they have a new version made u can get made with alumium

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

1996 ford f-150 overheating [ 2 Answers ]

When driving around town without the a/c in 95-100 deg weather, temp. gauge is normal. If a/c is running temp runs hot. I have changed the fan clutch, water, pump, t-stat, and radiator flushed professionally, but truck continues to run hot when a/c is on.

1999 Ford Taurus Overheating [ 1 Answers ]

My Ford Taurus has been overheating and the check engine light came on today. The fan is working and has plenty of coolant. I also noticed one day after driving a good distance I popped the hood and heard a sound like something was cooking near the dashboard. I know it has something with engine...

2001 Ford Crown Vic [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 2001 Ford Crown Vic. The cigarette lighter is not working and the cover that has the location of the fuses was not on the car when it was bought. I have checked the fuses and they all appear to be fine. There may not be a fuse in the proper location. Any help on where the fuse may be...

92 Ford Mustang 2.3L Overheating, Tach, and Air Bag Problem [ 2 Answers ]

Ok I've actually got a few problems I can't seem to find any info on, the first is my car is overheating, but the fan won't kick on, the fan works because it works when the AC is on. I'm pretty sure it's the coolant temperature switch, but I do not know where it is on my engine, I can find the...

Straight 6 300 in Ford overheating [ 3 Answers ]

I have an '85 F150 with a straight 6 300 engine in it. It sat in my brother-in-laws driveway for 3 years, never being started. I put a new battery in it, changed fuel filter, changed oil, oil filter, air filter, and drained and flushed radiator and replaced thermostat. After idling 20 minutes,...

View more questions Search