Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jimmy77 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Aug 6, 2009, 11:55 AM
    Install Link Choke of Briggs & Stratton Engine
    The link choke of my Murray tractor engine is loose. I could not figure out how to put it back. Can someone help? A diagram will be super. The engine model is 28v707 type 1113e1. Thanks.
    crigby Posts: 4,343, Reputation: 107
    Outdoor Power Equipment Expert

Aug 6, 2009, 08:11 PM
    Hi,
    Somehow replaced the good diagram. I hope this will show something; the long loop of the arm fits in the slot of the control panel. The small hook fits in the choke, put in from bottom up.
    Peace,
    Clarke
    Attached Images

Aug 7, 2009, 05:00 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by crigby View Post
    Hi,
    Somehow replaced the good diagram. I hope this will show something; the long loop of the arm fits in the slot of the control panel. The small hook fits in the choke, put in from bottom up.
    Peace,
    Clarke
    Thanks, Clarke. But still could not figure out where the small hook go. Did not see a fitting place in reachable distance. Can you show in another diagram with choke? Thanks! :confused:

Aug 7, 2009, 05:29 PM
    Hi,
    I answered a somewhat similar question days ago. The link there is:
    https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/tools-...me-382953.html
    And I will post slightly different pictures here. The upper arrow on the choke lever (color) points to where the smaller hook attaches; up from the bottom. Green arrow points, more or less, to the slot that the longer loop goes in. Carb must be removed from intake to perform.
    Peace,
    Clarke
    Attached Images

Aug 7, 2009, 07:06 PM
    I will give a try tomorrow. The picture and instruction is clear enough. I kind of realized that I need to remove carb and the small hook should go somewhere under. Thanks again. You rock!

Aug 9, 2009, 07:31 AM

Still having a little problem. My link-choke is not long enough (almost 2 inches short) to reach choke. And the first hole (upper arrow) was already connected with link mechanical governor (?). The second hole hooked up with a thin spring. If I put the small hook here, the long hoop is not going to reach the slot with your green arrow. Do I miss some parts here? Here is the picture. Thanks.
    Attached Images

Aug 9, 2009, 10:58 AM

Hi,
    Yes indeed. Apears to have caught fire!
    You B&S #495931 choke shaft kit. It will include the aforementioned spring in it, but you still need the link.
    Peace,
    Clarke
    fixit2011 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 4, 2011, 03:22 PM
    Hi Crigby, your diagram shows the exact look of my control panel/bracket. Could you advice where I should install the little spring I think called 'governor spring' that fell off from somewhere (maybe from behind the control panel) when I disassembled the control panel and the carburator. I am now trying to put them back onto the new b&s 18.5 hp engion on my riding tractor. Thanks much.
    fixit2011 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 4, 2011, 03:33 PM
    The spring is numbered 209 or part#796260 in the B&S illustrated parts diagram for engine model#31Q700

nanieo Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 28, 2012, 12:49 PM
    I am having problems till if the link goes into slot it doesn't move easily... it doesn't want to open and shut choke correctly... do you have any complete pics of this part already attached to engine so I can see it... Thanks

Apr 28, 2012, 02:43 PM
    Hi,
    My guess is the link is put on upside down or th choke pulloff spring is broken or damaged.
    Peace,
    Clarke

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

18.5 HP Briggs and Stratton Engine [ 4 Answers ]

I have a 42" Craftsman riding mower with a 18.5 HP B&S engine. It started using oil suddenly a couple of weeks ago. The compression is 120#. What could be the problem? Also after it has been running for about 10 minutes, it shuts down. It does this with fresh fuel, new plug, clean gas tank, new...

Briggs&Stratton won't run w/o choke [ 9 Answers ]

There is no water in the fuel, replaced fuel pump diaphragm's and springs. Will start and run with the choke 7/8 closed, as I increase the throttle I can open the choke more until the throttle is wide and the choke is closed. Hellllp. It is on a 19.5 hp craftsman 42" mower ~ 8 years old. ...

Briggs & stratton 6hp engine [ 1 Answers ]

What is the proper valve setting and how are they to be adjusted?

12.5 briggs&stratton engine [ 1 Answers ]

I have a briggs &strattonengine in my ride on lawn mower the battery won't charge when the engine is running

12.5hp I/C Briggs&Stratton engine [ 3 Answers ]

I went to start my riding mower for the first time this year and when it started is smoked real bad. I turned it off and checked the oil, it was over filled. I went to drain the oil and discovered it had gas in the oil. It ran fine last year, but I didn't drain the gas out at the end of the season....

View more questions Search