Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kevinpleasant Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jul 27, 2009, 10:56 AM
    14 hp kohler engine no spark
    Hi I have a 14 hp kohler engine model is k321 I have no spark I am not very good with kohler engines its electric start I hook a booster pack to it and no spark I sanded the points a little the coil wire was a little rusty cleaned it now do I have to hook a live wire from the battery to the coil to get spark spark it not sitting in a tractor its on the bench can someone help
    crigby Posts: 4,343, Reputation: 107
    Outdoor Power Equipment Expert

Jul 27, 2009, 02:51 PM

Hi,
    Most K series enginesare battery magneto ignition systems. Most common failures are the condenser and coil.
    Best thing I can do for you that I think is probably better than me going through a long troubleshooting diatribe is to give you the link to download a service manual; just scroll down to yours.
    Kohler Manuals
    Peace,
    Clarke
    kevinpleasant Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jul 27, 2009, 03:25 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by crigby View Post
    Hi,
    Most K series enginesare battery magneto ignition systems. Most common failures are the condensor and coil.
    Best thing I can do for you that I think is probably better than me going through a long troubleshooting diatribe is to give you the link to download a service manual; just scroll down to yours.
    Kohler Manuals
    Peace,
    Clarke
    thank you very much clarke

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Old kohler with points and condeser no spark what do I check [ 5 Answers ]

I have a old tiller with a 4hp kohler I put new points and condenser and a new coil on it. Still no spark.. it has 100lbs of compression. The fly wheel magnets seem to have good straignth to them. The points open and close with the gap set right.. but no spark.. what else is there to check??...

Kohler K181 with no spark at plug [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I have an Allen Mayfield two wheel tractor with a Kohler K181t engine. Magneto version. Had trouble starting it and had no spark so I have replaced the magneto on it tried various spark plugs/ condensers and still it will only produce a really weal spark round the spark plug if at all....

Kohler engine [ 1 Answers ]

Its not getting fuel to fuel filter

Kohler Engine K181s No spark? [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 1975 Wheel horse lawn tractor. It has a Kohler Model k181s motor in it. Recently it died while I was mowing. I replaced a bad coil wire. A coil that was leaking some type of fluid, and the spark plug. Still I have no spark... what do I replace next? :(

View more questions Search