Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    DaisySarah Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 24, 2009, 02:55 AM
    Early Menopause in 40s' and Thyroid Hypo
    Just two years ago, period has become irregular once in two months and then once in three months and now stopped since Nov 08. Diagnosed with thyroid in Sept 06 and have been taking oroxine 50 mcg daily. Blood test for thyroid is now under control but seemed to have low hormonal level that has been linked to period stopping. I'm only 43 and mum had her menopause in her 50s. Ultrasound of uterus showed little follicles.
    (Found out that my aunt (father's sister) had her menopause at about 44. Is there a co-relation?)
    Will this lead to osteoporosis? Is there a way to get the period back at all with medication like Trisequens - is this safe?
    Or should I just go on HRT? No family history of breast cancer.

Please advise and thank you very much.:)
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jul 24, 2009, 05:03 AM

Osteoporosis is bone loss I guess it may be related to hormones.
    Are you taking medication for any of this right now?
    You could have a vitamin/mineral deficiency.
    I know when I was in high school this girl only got her period when she ate enough iron.

You can try cooking in a cast iron skillet
    Do not use the microwave
    And
    Take vitamin D3
    A vitamin B complex might be good too.

Are you saying you have hypo thryoroidism or that you no longer have it?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hot all the time.not menopause or thyroid! [ 1 Answers ]

Perhaps someone could help. I could be working or doing nothing and my scalp will start to sweat. My hands are hot ALL the time. I don't think I've worn a coat for about 10 years! Sweaters? What are those used for?? You get the point. Anyone else having this problem? Please help. I want to...

Thyroid, possible to be one side hyper the other hypo? [ 3 Answers ]

I recently had a natural body scan, and was told that thyroid on one side was hyper and the other side was hypo (I think that is what the two conditions are called). They sold me suppliments, and after about 3 weeks of them, one side of my neck hurts. Went to Dr today to check it out, they are...

Menopause At an Early AGE! [ 7 Answers ]

Im only 13 and I got my period at the age of 10 1/2. I'm really scared that I will start menopause at the age of 35 or something because my mom is going through menopause at age 43 and only got her period at age 13... does that mean I will start menopause early cause I started my period...

Thyroid - Hyper or Hypo [ 4 Answers ]

:o I am a 49 yo wf who has been experiencing weight gain, dry skin, joint pain and thinning hair. I have had spinal, hip and hand surgery due to an accident in the last 2 years. Other than that, no other physical trauma or changes in medication. My physcian order a thyroid panel which came back...

Early Menopause? [ 1 Answers ]

Can anyone help me, I am 46yrs old, living in Spain, been having problems for 6months now with heavy periods, started in August last year, thought my insides were falling out! Big clots, this has now calmed down a lot, but periods now every 15 - 20 days, and much heavier. Have been to doctors...

View more questions Search