Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    angieangel Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jul 18, 2009, 04:47 AM
    Threatened Miscarriage, Am I losing baby?
    I am just over 5 weeks pregnant and yesterday I was bleeding. It has stopped now but there is blood when I wipe myself. I have no pain. I have had 2 miscarriages before but they were at a later stage and I was in pain and bleed heavily.
    This seems different, does it mean I am going to lose the baby?
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Jul 18, 2009, 04:53 AM

Not necessarily. There can be a number of reasons for some bleeding or spotting in early pregnancy... thankfully the majority do not signal an impending miscarriage.

Certainly, and especially given your history, any bleeding should be brought to your doctor's or midwife's attention. They are most concerned of bright red bleeding, that continues, and involves cramping.

If it starts up again, or you just want the peace of mind, have it checked out.

Jul 18, 2009, 06:26 AM

Thanks for the reply, it's a little reassuring.
    Yes I am going to the hospital on Monday as they don't give you any scans over the weekend and don't tell you much.
    Hopefully they can give me a scan although I am not sure if they can see much at just over 5 weeks. Do you think they can?
    Uber Member

Jul 18, 2009, 08:49 AM

They will see the gestational sac and likely the yolk sac, which provides initial nourishment. That will likely be all unless you are a little farther along then suspected.

Jul 22, 2009, 02:34 PM
    I went to hospital to check it out a few days later, I had a scan and they saw the sac but then had an internal scan and they said they are not happy with what they see and they should be seeing more. Doctor said I may miscarry but are not ruling out an ectopic or an early pregnancy. Had blood test to check my hormone levels and had had another today (2 days later). Found out they had risen considerably and I was really pleased. However they gave me another scan and they are saying they can not see a yolk and they said it inevitable that I will have a miscarriage. Im having my hormoane levels checked again in 2 days time and if they are still rising I have got to have a camera inside to find out what is going on.
    Please can someone tell me if their levels increased and they still had a miscarriage. I do not know what to think as I thought if they increased it is a sign that the pregnancy is going well. But why haven't they seen the yolk?
    Any advice would be appreciated. Ive read some stories that the doctors could be wrong and this gives me hope.
    Uber Member

Jul 26, 2009, 08:32 AM

In the early stages it can be difficult to see the yolk sac, and you may have been a bit earlier than thought. What were the results of the last check?? Hope all is going well for you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Threatened miscarriage or misdiagnosed miscarriage? [ 3 Answers ]

I've just recently found out I was pregnant, my period was NOT late yet, but I had light spotting and had high hopes so I took a cheap hpt and it showed up positive(My LMP was 10/20/08). The following day I went to the woman's clinic, I was confirmed pregnant. My OBGYN sent me to a lab for blood...

Implantation bleeding or threatened miscarriage? [ 5 Answers ]

Hello all, I am about 5 1/2 weeks pregnant according to the doctor. I have had light spotting that differs in color for 8 days now. Only shows on tissue no pad needed. Doc has me on bed rest which sounded like fun... turns out not so much... I get to lay around and wonder if this is implantation...

Losing my baby [ 7 Answers ]

I knew that I was pregnant from the time I missed my period in November. I was so scared and excited at the same time. My b/f of 2 yrs who is married took me to the doctor to find out what was going on. When I left the doctor's office I was so happy to find out that I was 2 months pregnant, but...

Baby aspirin and miscarriage [ 1 Answers ]

Has anybody got any experience of using this to prevent miscarriage. I will talk to my doc but am interested what people think. There are conflicting things on the net.

Trying for a baby after a miscarriage [ 2 Answers ]

I had a miscarriage in December at 9 and a half weeks, I had to going into the hospital. Since the miscarriage, my periods have been all over the place. Before the miscarriage, I was as regular as clock work, with very light periods. Now I can go anything between 14 and 28 days between periods...

View more questions Search