Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rushika Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 8, 2009, 11:57 PM
    Bleeding after abortion
    Hi
    I had a induced abortion on 02nd June 2009. The foetus had died inside and had to be expelled. I did not have heavy bleeding after the procedure. Just light bleeding for a week and then spotting. 2 weeks later I had heavy bleeding for a few hours. And then back to spotting. Its now been over 5 weeks and still the spotting is there. Its bright red and sometimes dark brown. Is this normal? I have been to the doctor few days back and she did an exam and said everything was fine. But I 'm still worried. When will the beelding stop and when will I get my normal period. Was the heavy bleeding I had a period?
    Any answers are appreciated. Thanks in advance.
    rushika.
    swro Posts: 8, Reputation: 4

Jul 16, 2009, 09:55 AM
    That had to be a rough experience for you. I had a similar thing happen to me a couple of years ago. I wouldn't worry too much since it's only been 5 or 6 weeks. Your body has been through some tough emotional and physical strains and it can take a while for your system to "reset" after any sort of trauma. If the doctor says that you're doing well and she/he can't see any problems at the moment, I'd listen to them and try to not stress about it. Everyone's body is different- but only you know best if something is really wrong- if it persists for another month- I'd go back or maybe get a second opinion. In the meantime- maybe you could take this time to do something nice for yourself- get a massage, try to relax, pamper yourself a bit- you deserve it! :) I'm not a medical professional or anything close- but I hope this helps and that you're on your way to recovering from everything.
    LearningAsIGo Posts: 2,653, Reputation: 350
    Survivor

Jul 16, 2009, 10:00 AM

I'm sorry you're going through this.

I had a similar experience, but mine went as far as 4 months before I stopped bleeding/spotting.

Ask your doctor for another follow-up, including ultrasound to look for "retained products of conception". Meaning, some material could still be there, causing you to bleed. Its frustrating to have to deal with this for so long, so don't be afraid to push your doctor to help you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Light bleeding. Implation Bleeding? [ 2 Answers ]

Hey I have a couple of serious questions. Okay I'm 17 and me and my boyfriend fooled around on Nov.14.2008 and we used no protection, and not to mention he let his sperm go inside me. I was due to start my period Nov.18.2008 but its late I never started but my periods are VERY regular. Now just...

Bleeding over a month post abortion [ 2 Answers ]

On 31st Dec 08 I took the ist course of the tablet -misoprostol ,and then on 2nd jan 09 the second course - zitotec . I was approx 45days pregnant. I bled clots on 2nd jan and the continued to have heavy bleeding. Once again on 20th jan I bled clots and visited my gynac, she planned on doing a d&c...

Long bleeding periods after abortion [ 1 Answers ]

I am having long bleeding during my periods and it has become quite iregular , sometime it s there only for a day and then after a week it starts again , this time it is for last 7 days or so , though not much of blooding but it still concerns me , any idea ,advise about pills for how o stop...

Sex 1 week after abortion, heavy bleeding? [ 1 Answers ]

I had an abortion last Saturday and took all the prescribed anti-biotics. I had some light spotting and a little bit of cramping for 2 days after, but then felt like I was normal again. The following Saturday, I had sex. I know it was not the most responsible thing to do and would take it back...

Bleeding for roughly 2 month after having abortion [ 1 Answers ]

Hi needing help am 18 had an abortion in feb this year got a contraceptive jag in my bum not sure what its called but it finished in may since June ave been bleeding for weeks at a time sometimes its brown its horrible had thrush had a smear type thing had a urine infection just been always tired...

View more questions Search