Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lucie529 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 14, 2006, 05:45 AM
    Peel and stick tile
    How can I keep my peel and stick tile from popping up? I've tried sticking more glue on the back of the tile, but that does not work. It is being put on 1/4 plywood subfloor.
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Oct 14, 2006, 11:23 AM
    What type of glue are you using? Are you using a new piece of tile?

FYI, they make a primer designed to make those self-sticks stick better - check it out at Lowe's, HomeDepot, etc.
    skiberger Posts: 562, Reputation: 41

Oct 15, 2006, 06:57 AM
    You can try contact floor adheasive. This is used with vinyl composite tiles.
    Also renting a flooring roller and roll the entire floor surface to make sure all tiles are stuck.
    caesars charm Posts: 80, Reputation: 7

Oct 22, 2006, 07:50 PM
    Sometimes those tiles just won't stick no matter what you do with them. Maybe there is something on the subfloor that's causing it not to stick. Try another one and if the same thing happens then there must be something there underneath. If you try too much stuff to keep it down you'll just have a big mess that will show from the outside. GOOD LUCK!
    andrewcocke Posts: 439, Reputation: 22

Oct 23, 2006, 03:17 PM
    Never have been crazy about peel and stick tile.
    Even if you do get it to hold up to everyday traffic, just try sliding a refrigerator out to clean behind it and see what happens.

Although they do make different grades though.

The person who ownes this housebefore me placed about a 4X3 area of peel and stick tile by the basement door, it started to slide apart, and since it was brown, I just tacked it down with some small nails. That seems to have helped somewhat.

Of course, if your tile is white, you might not want a handfull of nails lacing all of your tiles.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Peel and stick vinyl tiles [ 4 Answers ]

Looking to use these in my kitchen because I can't get the same pattern on a roll of vinyl.Now I have never used these before and have a couple questions.I know they come with glue on the backs but how good is it.Does it hold for a short time but then they come loose.See wondering if I should add...

Stick Arena Cheats? [ 9 Answers ]

I've been searching for games and found this one. I've played and seen many cheats. How do they die and get a wep automatically when they revive? How do they go through walls? How they go real fast?

Peel and stick [ 1 Answers ]

I would like to put peel and stick on an already tiled floor. The tiling was well done so I don't want to tear it up. It's just ugly for my taste. How can I pull this off?

Should people stick to what they know? [ 22 Answers ]

Should people post in forums they know little about if others with good backgrounds are active there?

View more questions Search