Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    atxbabe Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Jul 9, 2009, 09:49 AM
    Vaginal pain and burning urination AFTER intercourse
    I just had sexual intercourse with this guy I've been sleeping with on and off for 7 months... its been a month since the last time so its been a while; but anyway right after we were finished my vagina swells up a little and it hurts for me to walk and sit down. Oh you and not to mention, it stings a little when I went pee. Could this be from lack of lubrication? Or because we haven't had sex in a while?
    LearningAsIGo Posts: 2,653, Reputation: 350
    Survivor

Jul 9, 2009, 10:07 AM

It could be from lack of lubrication, for sure. This is the most likely possibility.

"Rough" sex can also cause more friction and therefore pain.
    leighnaras Posts: 25, Reputation: 1

Jul 11, 2009, 02:21 PM

I find this usually to happen for both those reasons. It is all right. Nothing really to worry about, however, if you are worried you can always ask a DR
    Justwantfair Posts: 3,422, Reputation: 944
    Ultra Member

Jul 11, 2009, 02:26 PM
    I don't necessarily agree that it isn't anything to worry about.

You vagina should swell some during and following sex due to the increased blood flow to that region.

But if you are having stinging pain during urination, it may indicate a different problem, from an infection to an STD. I would make an appointment with your OB/GYN.
    danielnoahsmommy Posts: 2,506, Reputation: 297
    Ultra Member

Jul 11, 2009, 02:34 PM

Its called honeymoon bladder. Go get tested for a uti. They are very easy to treat. Make sure you urinate before and after sex. Keeps the pipes clean. Also make sure his hands are clean when he touches you.
    jenniepepsi Posts: 4,042, Reputation: 533
    Ultra Member

Jul 11, 2009, 02:58 PM

I didn't want to cut and paste this whole long thing, but this doctor (or person, may not be a doctor, as I can't prove it is, but the information IS accurate none the less)
    Gave advise to this person for the same issue, and gave some good advise as well if you would like to read it.

Pain after sex
    stephbound Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 14, 2009, 04:14 AM

I get this very often, I have found that if you urinate before sex and make sure you have a drink before you urinate after sex (leave it a while but not to long) and make sure you clean yourself well after sex then this can help stop the problem... ive suffered from many many different types of urinary and vaginal infections (none of these beins std's as I've been checked) so be careful and if it persists go to the doctors and they'll give you antybiotics (then it may be cystitis)

Hope this helps x
    Brofaux Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Jul 14, 2009, 12:59 PM

This sounds very much like a balder infection (or some other vaginal infection), you might want to talk to your doctor about it. Nothing serious, this happens often. It could be due to rough sex, but if the problem presists, you're going to want to have it checked out.
    Jayleigh18 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 26, 2011, 08:21 AM
    Its prop caused by thrusting to hard against your bladder as its behind your V'' Wall.
    I have resently discovered this, and thought I had STD's or a water infection.

But when I explained to my 'friend' regarding this, we tried it more softly and with extra lobe and it has never come back.

Just tell your partner to use more lobe, and don't thrust so deep inside... it doesn't do you no faviours. Xx

Hope all works out.

JJ.. x
    Princess322 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 5, 2012, 05:34 AM
    People who never had this problem assume it's a uti... no the stinging is not actually from the urethra its when the urine touches the vagina opening. I have uti and infections all the time... my lady love is sensitive! But sometimes my vagina does swell after... best bet is don't start the actual intercourse before you are fully aroused not only should you be wet... being wet is not everything because I'm always wet... u want your vagina to be prepared... your muscles loosen a bit when your fully aroused!
    nscott0304 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 21, 2012, 10:27 PM
    Could be that you are still aroused. Our clitorises get hard just like mens penises do. If that is the case, then you just need to wait a little longer before going pee.

Also Urine is very acidic. If you don't use enough lubrication during sex, the friction can cause tiny tears in your genital area near your urethra where you pee. When the acidic urine passes through that area, it can cause burning.

Wait a few minutes after sex to pee see if it helps
    qbaker Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 26, 2012, 03:13 PM
    Hi I had sex all night and day... I went to sleep after at night and I woke up to pee it didn't hurt. But after we had sex a lot of times and I waited a little while and I went to pee it didn't hurt while it was coming out but when it was starting to stop it really hurt should I see a doctor or is it just from having rough sex?
    nicolestones Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 29, 2012, 10:10 PM
    I had sec twice in one night, and I forgot to urinate before sex, I only wait few seconds to go to restroom and it burned so bad I was in tears, what should I do?
    belinda135 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 29, 2012, 01:44 PM
    Ive been with my boyfriend for over 2 years now usually after intercourse we would shower and go to sleep... I've discovered this burning after urination but it would go away after I washed my vagina I've never thought nothing about it before but now he is experiencing or just now noticing a red rash on the head of his penis. We both are cleann and have been checked for std's. I am also aix months pregnant so it worries me. Could this be cause from him or is it me??

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Blood in urination with burning sensation while peeing that goes away. [ 2 Answers ]

I need to ask what might be going on with me. I noticed that I had a little blood in my urine and when I urinated it burned when I started but that sensation goes away as I am peeing. I don't have any discharge or anything abnormal before this. What could be wrond and do I need to see a doctor?

Burning while urination [ 5 Answers ]

In the past few days I have had some vaginal itching and Burning with urination. I would describe it as having a cut down there and when I pee on it, it burns bad... I looked and at the back of my vagina almost towards the inside are 2 red bumps that look like pimples, and are sensitive to the...

Burning urination [ 5 Answers ]

Im 17 and I have had burining urination for mabe over 2 years but I have had no other symptoms. I think it could be from masturbation. I ignored it and was too afraid to tell my parents that I had it. I figured if it has been 2 years I would probably not be an infection by now since I would have...

Burning during urination [ 3 Answers ]

Hey, Been about 2 weeks that I've been having burings when I urinate... but it sometimes reduces and sometimes increases. If I drink water<a hell ot of it>, it reduces... It could have been a uti But can I get any help out here?? Thanks

View more questions Search