Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    godson12 Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Oct 20, 2006, 03:33 PM
    Bump on my Penis
    I am 18 and a virgin, so I'm pretty sure that I don't have a std. But there is a bump on my shaft twards the bottom where the penis starts. It isjust kind of a swollen lump, no white spot or anything. I don't know if this helps but it appeared after I shaved my panis hair. Any help would be appreciated as I am very nervous about going to the doctor about it.
    guitarrman45 Posts: 3, Reputation: 2

Oct 20, 2006, 06:40 PM
    You could have caused an infected hair when you shaved. Is there pain? If there is pain it could be an infected hair. How deep is the bump? Is there pain? Does it only show up if there is an erection? If it does, it could be a vein. It it is there all of the time and there is no pain, you might want to see a doctor. It might be a little embarrassing but it could save your life or at least save your .

Oct 20, 2006, 07:54 PM
    It is there all the time, there is not much difference when I am erect. It doesn't hurt, it is painless unless I mess with it. I thought it was just a pimple of sorts and squezzed it trying to pop it but nothing happened, it just got redder. I'm not sure what you mean by deep. If you want to know anything else let me know.
    guitarrman45 Posts: 3, Reputation: 2

Oct 21, 2006, 08:05 AM
    It may be embarrassing but if it doesn't go away soon, I feel that you should see a doctor. Better to be more safe than sorry.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Oct 21, 2006, 08:47 AM
    You should make an appointment with your doctor. Make sure it is a male doctor to lessen the embarrassment. While in the office, just keep remembering, the doc has a penis too.

It would be much better to know that it is an ingrown hair rather than a tumor of one sort or another.
    LUNAGODDESS Posts: 467, Reputation: 40

Oct 21, 2006, 10:34 AM
    The bumps could be hair bumps.. but make sure of all things go the doctor... nothing should shock the doctor... if that does find a new one... if you have privacy issues go to the health clinic's like Plan Parenthood... or free clinics...
    worthbeads Posts: 538, Reputation: 45

Oct 21, 2006, 01:42 PM
    See a doctor. Don't be afraid of the doctor either. There's a 50% chance they have one as well, so don't be ashamed. Don't get nervous of a bad result either. You'll only make it worse by not doing anything about it.

And one more thing. If you see a female doctor, don't be embarrassed either. Doctors look at these things all the time.

Oct 21, 2006, 07:57 PM
    A clear layer peeled off it, I think it was only there from me trying to pop it like a pimple. I'm not sure but I think it got smaller. I also noticed what looked like 3 little dots on it, I was also wondering, cause it is more shaped like a blister, could a insect have bitten me, as I do sleep in the nude.
    Expert

Oct 22, 2006, 07:01 AM
    You need to have this checked out, as we have all said. Make an appointment with a male urologist. He sees penises everyday in his practice, and even has one himself! That will make it less embarrassing.

Oct 22, 2006, 08:13 AM
    J_9, it sounds like you knoe what this is but don't want to tell me.
    Expert

Oct 22, 2006, 08:15 AM
    No, I don't know what this is. Without an exam it is impossible to tell what it is.

I am just saying that this is something that should be checked out.
    It could be a tumor, or not,
    It could be genital warts, or not
    It could be an ingrown hair, or not

I just should be checked out so that you know what it is and what it is not.

Oct 22, 2006, 03:01 PM
    I couldn't talk to my mom face to face about it so I wrote her an email telling her about it and asking her to take me to the doctors. Thanks to everyone who replied it really help give me the courage to get this far. And J_9, how could it be genital warts if I am a virgin?
    Goshdang Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 23, 2006, 05:00 PM
    I also have a question, and I'm also 17. On my forskin, I have a perfectly smooth and round ball/lump, it's more firm then squishy and has been there since I could remember. I have no idea what it is and haven't been sick or anything, and I'm really really shy and can't talk to anyone about it. Anyone have any idea what it is? (Im a virgin, so it isn't a STD)
    Expert

Oct 23, 2006, 06:02 PM
    Godson,

I NEVER said you had genital warts. I just said that this is something that should be checked out to make sure all is healthy down there. I just gave a few possibilities as to what it could be.

Remember I sad it could be... or could not be, and gave you some examples.

Goshdang, I realise you may be shy, but 50% of all doctors (or more) have penises too. Urologists see penises all day long. You too need to get your problem checked out. You got to make sure it is nothing serious such as penile cancer (which I am pretty sure it is not) but to be sure you need to see a doctor.

Oct 24, 2006, 08:14 AM
    Well I went to the doctor today, It was just a cyst, thank God, I already have scheduled an appointment to get it removed like my doctor suggested. And to anyone that has a bump or anything. Just get it checked out at the doctors, Like most people told me the doctor has a penis to it was really easy and stress free. And believe me, after you find out what it is you will feel a lot better. I was almost doing flips and jumping around I was so happy.
    Expert

Oct 24, 2006, 11:53 AM
    Great news. See I told you that it would not be so bad. It is always best though to have things like this checked out. You would hate to ignore it, from advice that may be given, only to find out later that it is something serious.

Good for you!!
    staticdragonx300 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 17, 2007, 06:17 PM
    What's a cyst? What did the doctor all say?
    kyle700 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 30, 2007, 04:00 PM
    Hey my name is kyle I'm 15 and sexually active it sounds like I got the same thing and I am prity worried to

So if you find out let me know :(
    gunslinger721 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 29, 2008, 02:35 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by godson12 View Post
    It is there all the time, there is not much difference when I am erect. It doesn't hurt, it is painless unless I mess with it. I thought it was just a pimple of sorts and squezzed it trying to pop it but nothing happened, it just got redder. I'm not sure what you mean by deep. If you want to know anything else let me know.
    I have the same thing right now. It's a small bump at the base of my penis that is generally painless unless I mess with it. Its been there for a few months now, It is very hard and feels kind of like an in grown pimple. I tried to pop it and it became painful and very swollen. I was nervous that it was an std, but when you said you had something similar and that you were a virgin it kind of comforted me. It almost feels like a small cyst.

Keep me posted on your situation
    jmurphyman Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Jan 6, 2009, 05:35 PM

Omg same issue after I shaved a bit of my pubic hairs it came like 2 days 5days after

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bump on penis [ 8 Answers ]

Hello, I was looking around before and noticed that on the shaft of my penis there was one single bump, it was a little bit red at first, but then I squeezed it a little and some white stuff started coming out of it, when I finished squeezing it out, the red-ness was gone and the bump is going...

Penis bump [ 7 Answers ]

All right so like many other of zillions of forums on the internet. I am going to ask for some help like all the others did... So I woke up 2 days ago and was in the bathroom before I was going to shower and I noticed a large bump on the right side of my penis shaft... Iam a 17 year old male -...

Bump/Pimple on Penis [ 19 Answers ]

Hi. I am 13-years-old, and discovered yesterday that I have a pimple-like bump near the bottom of my penis. I can't really say if it is on the back or the front, because I really don't know which is which. It's not on the side facing myself, but the other side facing away. Anyway, when I found it...

Bump on penis [ 3 Answers ]

Hey guys, I noticed a small bump on my penis shaft that sometimes appears after an erection or masturbation. It doesn't hurt or itch and tends to just last no more than an hour and goes away. I thought it was a cyst but since it goes away I am ruling that out. Maybe an allergic reaction? Or...

View more questions Search