Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ddeangelo Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 6, 2009, 07:02 PM
    Need a diagram of plumbing under a double sink in my kitchen.
    My sink was clogged up (It gets clogged every 4 or 5 years) and I took all the PVC pipes apart under the sink and cleaned them out good. However, I had to go handle a kid emergency and when I came back I can't seem to put the parts back together correctly. I haved searched the internet all day. I didn't think a double sink in the kitchen without a garbage disposal was such a rarity. Apparently it is. I'm sure I could "put it to bed" (lol) if I could just see a diagram. Can someone please help??

Being the optimist I am, I'll say thanks!!
    letmetellu Posts: 3,151, Reputation: 317
    Ultra Member

Jul 6, 2009, 07:32 PM

You would probably never find a sink that is plumbed just like yours, there is always a variation of some kind.

Are you using two traps or only one. If you are using two traps you also should have a tee under the sink and each trap goes into one opening of the tee. Or you could have a double Y with a clean out coming out of the end opening. So if it is a double trap you should have two straight pieces of tubing that may be 3-4 inches long all the way up to 10 - 12 inches long, and they may not be the same length. Put one on each side of the sink, using a 1-1/2 nut and flat washer. Now put the two pieces of each trap together and hole one of them up on the pipe coming out of one side of the sink. It should look like it will fit into place, if not try the same trap on the other side of the sink. Then do the same with the other trap.

Now if you are only using one trap let me know and I will try to help you with that.
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Jul 6, 2009, 07:36 PM

What kind of parts do you have? How many traps? Can you post picture of parts.

One way. Not the ony way.
    Attached Images

Jul 6, 2009, 10:03 PM

letmetellu - Sorry, it is one trap with a t and I can't get it to come out right. I have too many little pieces left over.

Harold - Your drawing was genius. It's almost exactly like mine, but I have SO MANY "couplings??" left over. I've been going from the wall, think I'll try to go from the drain. Thanks so much for your help.

Jul 6, 2009, 10:08 PM
    I have about a dozen pieces of pvc pipe. And about 15 little rings that put the pieces together. Going to try to send a pic.
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Jul 7, 2009, 04:37 AM
    Hi all:

Most double sinks get hooked up in the following manner (see image)... ;) The air seems to mix better having the other sink wide open just as water enters the trap from the other sink.

We pipe all double bowl kitchen sinks like this as well.

MARK
    Attached Images

speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Jul 7, 2009, 05:18 AM
    These are the contentious wastes that hkstriud and Mark are referring to.
    It will depend upon where the trap's located as to which one you'll use. Good luck, Tom
    afaroo Posts: 4,006, Reputation: 251
    Ultra Member

Jul 7, 2009, 01:41 PM

Please pen the link below the clip may help you how to put every thing together, Thanks.

John

Installing Kitchen Sink Plumbing: How to Install a Kitchen Sink | eHow.com

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What's the Standard Plumbing for a Double Sink Vanity [ 3 Answers ]

I recently remodeled my bathroom, which could previously only accommodate a 30" single sink vanity, to be able to contain a 60" double sink vanity. This was done by moving the wall on one side of the original vanity about 30" from where it was. Looking at the vanity that I want to buy,...

Double sink plumbing into a single pipe. [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I am living in an apartment. I have a double sink that drains into a single pipe fixture. It is cheap PVC piping and my landlord is a deadbeat. Doing dishes is nearly impossible because the drainage is constantly backing up into the sink. Please help me define what I need to alter the...

Kitchen sink diagram [ 1 Answers ]

We would like to see a diagram on how to plumb a 3 bowl kitchen sink. The drain pipe enters through the floor, not the back. The air vent is on the drain pipe that goes through the floor. The drain in the center sink sits ahead of the left and right drains. We using standard pvc pipe and...

Plumbing double sink [ 2 Answers ]

We recently had new corian countertops (including corian sink) put in. My husband Connected the plumbing. Now, when I wash dishes in one side the suds back up into The other side. What is wrong? It drives me crazy.

Kitchen Sink w/sprayer hose plumbing diagram [ 1 Answers ]

I need a detailed diagram of how a sprayer hose is connected to the kitchen sink plumbing. I have looked everywhere but can't seem to find one that actually shows the sprayer hose and how is connected to the plumbing under the kitchen sink. I have found several that mention the sprayer hose but...

View more questions Search