Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    homeowner41301 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 25, 2009, 10:08 AM
    Central air blower is running but no air comes from the vents
    I hae central heating and air, when I turn on the AC with the thermostat it will blow cool air for a short time then slows to no air at all coming from the floor vents. The compressor is still spinning outside and the blower on the inside unit is blowing, but its like no air get through, any ideas?
    Thanks
    Joshdta Posts: 2,549, Reputation: 45
    Ultra Member

May 25, 2009, 10:31 AM

How is your air filter? Have you seen any ice on the copper lines?
    homeowner41301 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 26, 2009, 04:26 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Joshdta View Post
    how is your air filter? have you seen any ice on the copper lines?
    The filters have been replaced and no icy build up its as if something is shutting off the air flow after a few minuets and you can feel air coming from a spot were the silver tape has been torn however I replaced the tape and you can feel pressure coming from behind the tape when the system is running. Air flow is strong at first from vents clostest to the unit but always weeker as you get farther down the line. It acts like a door is shutting off the air flow after so long is that possible? And the blower is still spinning the system is a rheeme if that helps.
    jk49 Posts: 4, Reputation: 0

Jul 4, 2009, 05:42 PM
    Our Central ait conditioner is working . The blower is running but no air is coming out of the vents, Could you explain why?

Jul 4, 2009, 05:43 PM
    Central air blower is running but no air comes from the vents

Jul 4, 2009, 05:46 PM
    If there is ice on the copper lines What do I do? Just let them thaw out and then turn it back on.
    caibuadday Posts: 460, Reputation: 10

Jul 4, 2009, 06:07 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jk49 View Post
    If there is ice on the copper lines What do I do? Just let them thaw out and then turn it back on.
    Shut it off, let the ice melt. The indoor coil is blocking by ice. Make sure your filter / indoor coil is not block by dirt. Your system may have a leak / lack of air flow.

Jul 4, 2009, 07:54 PM
    Thanks I will try it again tomorrow
    singleonemom Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 12, 2012, 09:10 AM
    My ac unit outside is working the fan is turning I do have frost on me pipes but no air flow is coming out of my vents, what do I do and how do I fix this? Single mom and homeowner
    mstotz Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 16, 2012, 11:45 AM
    Turn the cold air off on your thermostat and switch it to fan only and run if for a few hours. This should melt that ice on your insulated copper tubing on the AC unit. Also, make sure to turn the temp up on your thermostat at night, otherwise the condensation can build up and freeze overnight and you'll keep getting the same problem. Hope this helps.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Central air keeps running [ 12 Answers ]

I am so tired. I've had the thermostat changed twice and the air conditoner keeps running. It passes the set temp and keeps on running.:confused: the unit itself is less than 5 years old I am at my wits end. The air is very cold so cold that I have to turn the unit off manual by turning the...

Air conditioner running but air coming out of vents is warm [ 24 Answers ]

My air conditioner is running but warm air is coming out of the vents. Can u help?

Blower not working and blower running all the time [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Lennox electric furnace that's about 10 years old or so, the elements come on but no blower. There is a summer fan switch that will make the blower run when switched on, but it will not come on with a call for heat. Also at my work, there is a york gas pack that is probably 15 years old....

AC Unit Running but No air through Vents [ 18 Answers ]

I have a 2 story home and the AC unit for the bottom floor is not working properly. Unit is running outside, but no air period is coming out of the vents. I went into the crawlspace and nothing is blocking the duct work. I opened the panel on the side of the AC unit and the coil has frost on it....

Central air blower [ 1 Answers ]

I have a York split system heat & air. The blower does not come on with a/c. Works with heat or fan only position. I pulled a wire off the capacitor mounted on the blower cover(squirrel cage blower) The blower hummed but did not start, started when I replaced wire. This was done with thermostat...

View more questions Search