Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mudweiser Posts: 2,750, Reputation: 707
    Ultra Member

Jul 2, 2009, 07:05 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by 321543 View Post
    If you can do those things mentioned you can do much worse things as well.
    Your not making sense.

Am I the only here that's confused :confused:

Sarah
    albear Posts: 1,594, Reputation: 222
    Ultra Member

Jul 2, 2009, 07:06 PM
    If we ignore our duties, there can be adverse affects. For example , the child gets sick, God knows him, but as parents you failed to do as you were commanded to do in faith. Dies , will the child be taken care of under the covenants ,of HIS ( Gods)laws ( not mans) .Do you know when your ticket will be punched? your childes? I am sure that is what your friend is thinking.
    So by your logic, there should be no 'non- christians' alive on the earth because god would have killed us all. Hmmmm wonder why that isn't the case?
    Ultra Member

Jul 2, 2009, 07:06 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by mudweiser View Post
    Your not making sense.

Am I the only here that's confused :confused:

Sarah
    Deffinetly not, :)
    321543 Posts: 72, Reputation: 10

Jul 2, 2009, 07:21 PM
    (Psalm127:3)
    Lo, children are a heritage of the Lord: and the fruit of the womb is his reward.

We as parents will be held accountable before God for the discharge of the obligations we have as Husbands, Wives, Fathers and Mothers. Families are ordained by God. For us to deny our Saviours teachings, is like his coming to have died for nothing. Was jesus not Perfect in every way? Did he really need to be baptized? He did it to show and teach us what we needed to do .
    Ultra Member

Jul 2, 2009, 07:24 PM
    (Psalm127:3)
    Lo, children are a heritage of the Lord: and the fruit of the womb is his reward.

We as parents will be held accountable before God for the discharge of the obligations we have as Husbands, Wives, Fathers and Mothers. Families are ordained by God. For us to deny our Saviours teachings, is like his coming to have died for nothing. Was jesus not Perfect in every way? did he really need to be baptized? He did it to show and teach us what we needed to do .
    So...
    classyT Posts: 1,562, Reputation: 214
    Ultra Member

Jul 2, 2009, 08:28 PM
    There has been many young children taken over by evil Spirits at a very young age.
    Who cares to dispute it.
    If So, why not good ones as well?
    Are you suggesting presenting my child before the Lord in a church will keep them from evil spirits? Please give me the verse that backs up your thoughts.
    450donn Posts: 1,821, Reputation: 239
    Ultra Member

Jul 2, 2009, 08:52 PM

Another thread that has gotten completely off the track of the OP's question. Why is that?
    The basic question has been answered over and over again. There is NO WHERE in the Bible where it is demanded to present/baptize/dedicate/sprinkle a child. Baptism is reserved for after the age of accountability. Which varies with each child, but generally speaking is somewhere around the age of 13/14. Why do you think that the Jewish nation still practices the barmitzva ritual ? After that in Gods eyes, children have reached a point of knowledge that makes them accountable for their own actions with regards to spiritual things. They can freely choose to accept or reject God.
    arcura Posts: 3,773, Reputation: 191
    Ultra Member

Jul 2, 2009, 09:37 PM
    classyT,
    I do agree with you.
    Fred
    gustoolmaker Posts: 1, Reputation: 2

Aug 16, 2009, 08:22 PM
    MY TURN AT THIS: I've about heard enough--------------------- Anyone with Christian faith, abides by the traditions of the church; if the church 'dedicates' a child in the name of the Lord in front of the congregation it is showing that the parents and witnesses acknowledge in the presence of the Lord Jesus Christ, that they "WILL" raise their children in a Christian home, teaching them without reservation of the teachings of God and the Bible. THIS IS A PROMISE to GOD.
    There are many in this thread that speak 'of' religion, IT IS NOT religion, it is belief in the Lord Jesus Christ. AND HIS Teaching.
    Those that question these teachings you must seek a Man of God (Pastor) to talk to and GET educated; for all the others, MAY God bless you and the children.
    DrJ Posts: 1,328, Reputation: 339
    Ultra Member

Aug 17, 2009, 09:12 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by gustoolmaker View Post
    Anyone with Christian faith, abides by the traditions of the church
    Thankfully, that is not true.

There are many traditions in many churches under the Christian faith and I would bet that even you do not abide by, nor believe in, them all.

Quote Originally Posted by gustoolmaker View Post
    There are many in this thread that speak 'of' religion, IT IS NOT religion, it is belief in the Lord Jesus Christ. AND HIS Teaching.
    Precisely. But how many of these "traditions" were born of the Church and not of Jesus Christ Himself?
    sndbay Posts: 1,447, Reputation: 62
    Ultra Member

Aug 17, 2009, 10:22 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by mudweiser View Post
    Do you have to present your child[ren] to the Lord?

Where in the bible does it say that you have to go to the alter of a church and present your child?

Sarah
    The story of how the baby Jesus himself was presented to the Lord is written in chapter 2 of Luke. It was done to accomplish the law of Moses in circumcising the child and the custom of naming the child before the Lord.

Luke 2:23-24 (As it is written in the law of the Lord, Every male that openeth the womb shall be called holy to the Lord) And to offer a sacrifice according to that which is said in the law of the Lord, A pair of turtledoves, or two young pigeons.

As we understand today, God does not want burnt offering and sacrifices, but instead we come to do thy will, O God. For God taketh away the first, that he may establish the second. This is written in Hebrews 10.

Hebrew 10:10 By the which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.

What I trust as being important, is doing the will of God, and holding stedfast with full assurance in Faith of Christ Jesus. It is written refer: Phl 4:6 Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.

So presenting the child to the Lord by name, and giving thanks to God for the blessing He has given to the parents, would be an act of love to our Lord in praise of His glory.
    arcura Posts: 3,773, Reputation: 191
    Ultra Member

Aug 17, 2009, 10:15 PM
    sndbay,
    I very much agree.
    Fred

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Who are the evil ones who say Lord, Lord? [ 614 Answers ]

Matthew 7:The true disciple 21. `It is not anyone who says to me, `Lord, Lord,' who will enter the kingdom of Heaven, but the person who does the will of my Father in heaven. 22. When the day comes many will say to me, `Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, drive out demons in your...

Presenting The First Annual AMHD Photo Competition! [ 52 Answers ]

I have decided to start a little competition right here on AMHD. I will give you a picture. I then want you to alter it via a graphics program and send it back to me. Whoever does the best job of altering the picture wins the prize. Closing date will be 1st August The prize will be a book...

View more questions Search