Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    zittlaus Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 27, 2009, 03:17 PM
    New Shower Stall doesn't line up with existing drain
    Hi there

We have purchased a corner shower where the drain hole in the base is 12" in from either side. Our existing drain is approximately 19" in on one side and 21" in on the other.

Help! I love the unit and don't want to have to make do with another. What's a possible solution.

Thank you.

Lorraine
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Jun 27, 2009, 03:52 PM
    Hey Lorraine,
    What's a possible solution.
    Take the old unit out and move the trap and raiser to line up with the new one. Are you on a cement slab or a wood floor? Let me know. Tom
    zittlaus Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 27, 2009, 04:10 PM

Hi Tom,

Thanks for the speedy response but is this layman's terms because I'm not sure what you mean. It is a cement floor.
    Milo Dolezal Posts: 7,192, Reputation: 523
    Plumbing Expert

Jun 27, 2009, 08:59 PM

What Tom is saying is that you have to lift the old base, chisel out concrete and move drain to align with new shower pan. It is a quite a job for layman but you can do it...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Add a wye to existing drain line [ 1 Answers ]

How to correctly add a wye in the middle of pvc main drain line? Is a furnco the only way to do this?

Replacing existing shower stall [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 32 inch sqare freestanding shower stall in my basement. I would like to put in something larger but don't want to break up the concrete to move the drain. Is it possible to purchase a shower base that does not have a drain already cut out so we can cut one where we want?

Vent for Washing Machine Drain Attached to Existing Drain Line [ 0 Answers ]

"Current setup for a washing machine has the discharge hose "hooked" into a laundry tub. Tennants would like something more "permanent." The laundry tub has a normal trap followed by a horizontal run of about 2 feet (2" threaded pipe) then "T's" into a vertical drain/vent. The vent line goes...

Remove existing shower stall drain [ 2 Answers ]

I have an acrylic shower stall in the basement. The drain seems to be leaking and I want to remove it. I've cleaned all the sealant around the floor collar but it won't budge. Is is glued in? Does it twist off (threaded)? What tool do I need to get a grip on it? Help. -Barry

Using existing tub drain line in concrete slab [ 4 Answers ]

I am installing a new whirlpool tub in place of an existing conventional tub. The old sink drain terminates into a concrete slab. The new sink drain will be at least 2 feet from the old. What are my options? Is there anyway of tieing in the new drain into the old drain without taking up all the...

View more questions Search