Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    shelbyhicks123 Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Jun 2, 2009, 08:49 AM
    Home remedies for getting rid of hair dye?
    Well I'm 12 and I have shoulder length hair and I died my hair black and my natural is a fair blonde I want to go to a light and dark brown with just blond highlights and I don't want to bleach strip my hair because it really damages your hair and if it is really expensive, its going to cost me £60 to have it bleached out and my mum said if I want that then I have to pay for it myself and I just can't afford it :( :S my hair dresser said to wash your hair in fairy liquid not ordinarily shampoo and then deep condition because if you don't treat your hair right after using fairy liquid it will cause dandruff, split ends etc. I have tried that for three weeks and its making my hair go a brownish-green and I just want to know any other home remidies to take it out! Please help me.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jun 2, 2009, 09:08 AM

Okay, what is 'fairy liquid'
    Expert

Jun 2, 2009, 09:19 AM

I thought about this for a while and realized that if you are paying 60 pounds for your hair, you are being completely ripped off. In Canadian, that is way over $l00 and no one here pays that much unless it is a high end hair salon in Toronto downtown gosh.

I have no idea who you are fooling around with your hair like that at l2 years old when you have blonde hair shelbyhicks. You are starting down a long road to wrecking your hair because after you start, it never stops. I always suggest trying on wigs in different colours before changing hair colour. That is a lot better then dying and then finding out the colour isn't right and bleaching.

To answer your question, after that, which is only my opiniuon, mind you, no I don't know of any home remedies. I wouldn't know, I have lovely hair and its staying that way.

Ms tickle
    Perito Posts: 3,139, Reputation: 150
    Ultra Member

Jun 2, 2009, 10:37 AM

There aren't any home remedies to get rid of black hair dyes. There are two types of "strippers", and they work quite differently. One is the bleach type. This usually destroys your hair. The second is the reducing type. Igora Phantom (in the UK) is the brand to get. In the U.S. ColorFix, Color Zap, and Color Oops are available.

Jun 7, 2009, 01:58 PM

Thanks ms tickle but I don't know if you meant it that way but you sounded like you were looking down upon me and I have been using fairy liquid (what you use for washing your plates and cutlery) and my hair is a light brown now :) I also got told by my friend that alcohol removes die but I don't wonna try that, also I'm choosing to pay £60 it should be £20 but I want my hair to be treated better and england is quite a rich country so maybe getting your hair done in a top salon over there maybe our woekers are just better.

Jun 7, 2009, 02:00 PM
    And by the way technology over here must be more advanced as well, why try on a wig when you can use photoshop to change your hair color or just an online photo edit, :)
    TJ17 Posts: 76, Reputation: 13

Jun 7, 2009, 02:35 PM

For one I think you should leave your hair alone for awhile unless you would like your hair eventually falling out in clumps.
    Use some protein treatments on it and leave it alone for a few months.
    Expert

Jun 7, 2009, 04:49 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by shelbyhicks123 View Post
    And by the way technology over here must be more advanced aswell, why try on a wig when you can use photoshop to change your hair color or just an online photo edit, :)
    The benefit of using a wig my dear is wearing it a few days to get used to the colour on you. As for technology in UK as opposed to Canada, you had better get a reality check and start reading papers, technology is just about the same everwhere now. As for pricing, well, I still think l20 pounds is a lot of money to pay for what you want to have done. Even in my town in Ontario we have excellent salons that done charge this much.

Tick

Jun 19, 2009, 10:27 AM

Tick
    Sort it out...
    And I isn't your dear
    Expert

Nov 14, 2010, 04:38 PM

Hi my little. And, are you having the same problem as the original poster from 2009. Already a dead post my dear. And yes, there are no home remedies for removing hair dye. Only very damaging procedures that make hair fall out.

Tick

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

What are home REMEDIES for anxiety and dizzy spells [ 11 Answers ]

I have dizzy spells and high anxiety. Do you have any suggestions for dealing with these?

Home remedies for cats with eye infections [ 4 Answers ]

I would like to know if there are any home remedies for cats that have eye infections. My cat has a gunky watery discharge from his eye and the vet is closed on a Sunday.

Home remedies for tooth ache pain? [ 9 Answers ]

I'm wondering if they're any little tricks that can be used to help ease the pain associated with a tooth ache. I have been to see a dentist this past Monday (Nov 10th) and was prescribed an antibiotic for the infection around my right upper wisdom tooth. I have many more appointments to go to...

My 17 day old pups have fleas and I need home remedies. [ 2 Answers ]

I was given a rescued full blooded female Shih Tzu and was told she had never been in heat and would still be awhile before she came into heat.. And the people who gave me her penned her with a Mini Dashound Male. Well they did not know she was pregnant when we got her and we didn't know she was...

View more questions Search