Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    brexton Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 17, 2009, 03:49 PM
    Dry heaving and throwing up white foam.
    I have four 6 1/2 week old dachshund, all of them are dry heaving and periodically throwing up white foam. There is also a 6 month old dachshund that is at our house a lot that also vomited white foam last night. They are all still eating, drinking, playing, and going potty normally. I just don't know if I should be worried and I can't afford to take them all to the vet.
    jenniepepsi Posts: 4,042, Reputation: 533
    Ultra Member

Jun 17, 2009, 04:00 PM

Most commonly, your dog has been eating grass :)

They do this when their tummy is upset.
    You could try a different food. Are you feeding them PUPPY food? Even the 6 month old should be on puppy food till he is 1 year old.

Other than that, if they are playing, eating pooping peeing as normal, I would say don't worrie unless they start throwing up FOOD and/or stop eating/pooping
    Catsmine Posts: 3,826, Reputation: 739
    Pest Control Expert

Jun 17, 2009, 05:52 PM
    Purging, eating grass and throwing up, is not unusual in early summer. Keep a close eye on their fluid intake. If they start guzzling water it can be as bad as stopping drinking and needs an immediate vet visit, even if you have to set up a payment plan.
    teachnk Posts: 275, Reputation: 50

Jun 18, 2009, 09:24 AM

The white foam can also happen on an empty stomach. You might want to try smaller meals, more frequently - if they are only eating once or twice a day.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Cat vomiting white foam then green liquid [ 4 Answers ]

My cat is a little over 1 year and a couple days ago she was vomiting a somewhat white foam a few times.after that I don't think she has vomited,but I'm not always home.well my sister told me she vomited green liquid today.so I was wondering if that is something I need to take her to the vet for...

Puppy throwing up white foam? [ 7 Answers ]

My puppy is throwing up white foamy stuff, what is it? What is wrong with him?

Shih Tzu throwing up white foam [ 3 Answers ]

My family's 2 year old male Shih Tzu has been throwing up since yesterday. It is a white foamy substance with no signs of anything in it. He seems to be upbeat as usual. Just a few days ago one of our oldest female Shih Tzu had to go into surgery to remove a stone in her bladder. She to threw up...

Puppy throwing up clear liquid/white foamy [ 3 Answers ]

My question is pertaining to our 10 week old puppy. He was fine this morning, but for the past four hours has been throwing clear liquid and white foamy stuff up. He's wabbly on his feet also. I have since been told that he was chewing on our Angel Trumpet Plant. He has stopped throwing up, but...

White foam [ 3 Answers ]

Can someone tell me why when I put my pump on I get a white foam from the return??

View more questions Search