Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hrequine Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 29, 2009, 07:59 AM
    Received summons to respond only to credit card debt in Florida. Need to Anwer!
    Received a Summons in Brevard County, Florida for Personal Service on Natural Person. This is a complaint/suit filed against me by Chase Bank for a credit card debt.

I am in a hardship financial position where I cannot repay the credit card plus all the late and over the limit fees they have accumulated on top of the original debt. Due to the construction industry crashing in Florida, my husband lost his supervisory job after 16 years over 4 months ago and cannot find work.

I have less than 15 days now to file a written response to the Complaint with the Brevard County Clerk of the Court. The summons states that a copy of the response must be mailed to the Plaintiff.

I have never received a summons before and I have absolutely no idea how to file a written response. I have tried calling 4 attorneys and the Brevard County Courthouse to try to get assistance, but have received no calls back.

CAN ANYONE ASSIST ME WITH THIS FORM/RESPONSE?
    Desperately needing help on responding in writing to the Complaint within a week.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

May 30, 2009, 10:30 AM

Please do not post your email address. All replies will be on this thread.

If you use the search thread next to the AMHD logo you will see (literally) a hundred answers to this question.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

May 30, 2009, 12:57 PM

Look in the3 Bankruptcy & Debt, Credit and Small Claims forums. This issue has been dealt with hundreds of times.

If you have any specific questions after browsing around, please feel free to ask.

Note: however, that inability to pay is not a defence. If that is your only defence, they will get a judgement against you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Received a summons letter for credit card debt that has gone up to $1,500 plus! [ 3 Answers ]

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hi, the other day someonecame to my house and gave me a summons letter from a credit card that went default on me,the summons letter is from my local county in the state of New York were I currently live.. Reads...

Received Summons for Credit Card Debt. [ 3 Answers ]

If the Credit Card company wins judgement, is there a law that allows me to keep my car? Amount is $3,000 and I legitimately owe this, is it even worth it to pay the $200 and answer the court when I'm going to lose anyway? Is there anything I can do to slow the process down, and my car is...

How to respond to a Civil Summons for Credit Card Debt? [ 6 Answers ]

First off if its important I live in North Carolina, Ok, I'm not going to lie here, I'm an idiot when it comes to money and my credit. Up until a year ago I only had one joint credit card with my husband and all of the ones I had that were in my name were gone and paid off. Then I got an offer and...

Received Summons for Credit Card Debt (Utah) [ 1 Answers ]

I received a summons from a lawyer representing a collection company (Arrow Financial Services) for an outstanding credit card balance which I have been unable to pay (I was out of work for a long time and have had health issues on and off for the past few years). It says that I have to respond...

Summons received for old credit card debt [ 6 Answers ]

My mother who is 75 years old just received a summons from a constable to appear in court for a credit card with National City that she had between 1998 and 2000. She said she never received any bills from them concerning this. The amount due is $2500. The summons also states that she was...

View more questions Search