Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    newpoint Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 29, 2009, 07:45 PM
    Small lump inside mouth at the base of molar tooth
    Hi: I have a lump in the back of my mouth around the next to last tooth. This is between the gum and cheek. The raised area is below the visible tooth area. When it first showed up I bought a better Water Pik and it went away and stayed away for months. It has now showed up again many months latter. It is only remotely sore, but the tooth isn't sore at all. I had a cavity in the tooth 2 years ago, and did not like the dentist. If you think there is a relation between the two and think it needs attention more than a newer Water Pik, then I will search for a new Dentist. Thank you
    Amir1981 Posts: 246, Reputation: 6

May 29, 2009, 10:15 PM

Sounds like an abscess... could be periodontal (infection under your gums) or dental (infection inside the tooth due to it dying) either way you need to get it checked out! Switch dentists if you don't like the old guy! Abscesses can get very serious if not treated... a decent dentist should be able to tell you the problem easily upon an exam...
    flossie Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 181
    Ultra Member

May 30, 2009, 10:18 AM

Definitely find a new dentist and have it looked at as soon as you can. You may need to have a thorough scaling in that area or you may need a root canal. If the bump is an abscess and goes up and down (drains) the tooth will often not give you any discomfort as the pressure is being released when the bump drains. You certainly don't want to be swallowing that pus.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Small, smooth lump on base of penis shaft [ 5 Answers ]

I am a boy, 18 years of age. Three days ago, I noticed a small, solid lump about half an inch away from the base of my penis. The lump is just under the skin and I can pinch around the lump and squeeze it. It has no surface openings. It feels like a pebble and it does not hurt when squeezed. The...

Lump in mouth [ 1 Answers ]

I have a little lump on my gums . I had a biopsy and they said it wasn't cancer. It has been a year and I still have it and when I push on it white puss and blood come out. I have a small lump behind my left ear but it comes and go's and my ear gets sore sometimes when I swallow. Am I just looking...

Mouth pain originally thought was tooth related but now think its in the gums [ 3 Answers ]

I am having pain which at first I thought was in my teeth, but now I think is in my gums. It runs from the center bottom all the way to the left back of my mouth and sometimes the tip left. My dentist has done everything to dismiss me saying that I have no cavities and that if I have pain its from...

Bump in mouth after wisdom tooth removal [ 1 Answers ]

Hi there, I got 2 of my wisdom teeth out about 3-4 weeks ago and I believe it is fully healed. However, today I noticed that my left side of my mouth was hurting while I was eating. I looked in the mirror and I saw a small bump on the area where my tooth was removed. It hurts when I touch it and...

Filling on a tooth, now can't eat on that side of mouth! [ 3 Answers ]

Hi I got a filling recently on a molar on the top of my mouth and ever since then I cannot eat anything harder than a soft cracker on that side. The pain is deep and goes up my mouth. My dentist has already filed away the filling and it doesn't hurt when I bite or relax my mouth but if I eat and...

View more questions Search