Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    RARORA Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Oct 6, 2006, 09:32 AM
    File sharing in ad hoc wireless network
    My two systems are connected through wireless network.both show as STATUS CONNECTED.now my connection is how to share files between them?
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Oct 6, 2006, 09:46 AM
    What operating systems are on each computer?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Oct 6, 2006, 09:47 AM
    Assuming you are using Windows, you need to turn File And Print Sharing on and then set the folders or drive you want to share as a shared resource. You then Map that drive on the other PC.
    RARORA Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Oct 6, 2006, 09:52 AM
    Both systems are using win xp sp2
    Northwind_Dagas Posts: 348, Reputation: 83

Oct 6, 2006, 10:02 AM
    In addition to ScottGem's suggestion, you will need to enable the exception for File & Printer Sharing in the Windows Firewall.

In the control panel, in Classic View, select Windows Firewall.
    If in Category view (default) then select Security Center, then Windows Firewall.

On the Exceptions tab (at the top), place a check beside File and Printer Sharing, and then OK.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Oct 6, 2006, 10:04 AM
    Did you take ANY notice of my comments on your previous WLAN thread??

Quote Originally Posted by Curlyben
    I would NOT recomend this route as it is inherently insecure.
    Its fine for very occasional use, but not for an on going, more permanent, connection.
    What would be a better course of action would be a Flash (Jump) Drive.
    Easy to use and secure.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Internet sharing on wireless network (ad hoc) [ 3 Answers ]

Hi this is my first post on here and I was wondering if anyone could help me. I have a PC and a laptop both with wireless cards. I've managed to connect the 2 and have good signal. I went into my internet connection settings and clicked the check box "allow others to connect through this...

Sharing files over wireless network [ 3 Answers ]

Hi I am new to this forum but I love these things... I have 2 computers--one connected through a modem to comcast cable and then my laptop connected through a linksys wireless set up to this computer. The tower has windows xp with service pack 2 installed and the laptop with windows xp pro and...

Sharing internet connection on wireless network (ad hoc) [ 1 Answers ]

Hi this is my first post on here and I was wondering if anyone could help me. I have a PC and a laptop both with wireless cards. I've managed to connect the 2 and have good signal. I went into my internet connection settings and clicked the check box "allow others to connect through this...

File Sharing on a Wireless Network [ 2 Answers ]

Greetings to All!:) I am trying to share files amongst 3 computers (one is a laptop). The main computer is connected to the internet directly to a cable modem. The other 2 (laptop & my son's computer) connect to the internet via a wireless connection. All this was setup by someone we paid to...

Wireless internet sharing [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I want to set up a wireless LAN that connects two computers. I have a D-Link AirPLus G wireless router that connects to my ADSL modem. A D-Link wireless card on the laptop and a TP-Link wireless card on the desktop. I logged on to internet using my laptop first, and it worked, but then when I...

View more questions Search