Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

May 11, 2009, 01:48 PM
    ACORN troubles
    In the past ACORN has always gotten out of trouble by "helping the investigations'' of the '' bad apples'' within their group to make it look like they were not at fault. Now they have quite a few cities with quite a few corrupt ACORN workers that they see it is undeniable that ACORN itself has to be promoting the corruption. Wonder how they are going to get away with it this time?

The American Spectator : AmSpecBlog : Congress Hears About ACORN's Extortion Racket

ACORN Again: Now With New York Times Editors Killing Unfavorable Obama Stories–UPDATED « Blog Entry « Dr. Melissa Clouthier
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

May 13, 2009, 12:35 PM

How are they going to get away with this this time you ask? Simple. Obama is going to make ACORN the official whatever department that is immune to ANY criticism and/or investigation. Simple. Poof and it's done!

Watch and see if old Twinks isn't right, NoHelp. It's basically a done deal we (the American public) just don't know it yet.
    ETWolverine Posts: 934, Reputation: 275

May 13, 2009, 12:43 PM

Twinks is 100% right on this one. In the past ACORN had to look as if they were investigating their internal problems because they needed that IMPRESSION of being above-board. But now they have a get-out-of-jail-free-card named Barack Obama.

Elliot
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

May 13, 2009, 02:22 PM

ACORN is now part of that hiring boom called the 2010 census.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

May 13, 2009, 09:35 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    ACORN is now part of that hiring boom called the 2010 census.
    Ah, yes, the census. I wonder just how many people they are going to count or not count in whatever political districts that need to be gerrymandered into giving a senator or congressman more votes. Or are they just going to recount the nice folks at the local cemetery at least 5 times and list their residence as some nice retirement home? Why didn't Obama just let the ACORN folks take home the entire bazillion dollars and get it over with instead of bothering with giving them "jobs" where they have to pretend they are working. That would make more sense to me. Just hand them the money and not require any work. That's basically what's going to happen anyway. America gets fleeced again.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

May 14, 2009, 05:10 AM

Yeah they are doing the census AND trying to get some GPS thing put up in each front yard while they are at it.
    America is getting worse than fleeced.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

May 18, 2009, 07:11 AM
    The NY Slimes has finally admitted (sorta) that it killed a story in the days before the election about ACORN's corruption and an illegal coordination between the Obama campaign and ACORN by their reporter Stephanie Strom... a clear violation of the Campaign Finance Laws.

Their Public Editor Clark Hoyte writing in the Sunday Slimes say it is "nonsense " that publishing the story would've been a game changer .

Even if the story had panned out, it is hard to see how any editor could have regarded it as momentous enough to change an election in which the Republicans were saddled with an unpopular war and an economic meltdown.
    Perhaps ; but still the Slimes made the decision not to publish so we will never really know if it would've had an impact. Even if it wouldn't ;why would that have been a determining factor about publishing ?

He calls the illegalities "technical violations" . Suzanne Daley, the national editor, "called a halt to Strom's pursuit of the Obama angle."

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/05/17/op...ubed.html?_r=2

We already know that they published unfounded allegations about an affair that John McCain was allegedly involved in as soon as they could get it to print regardless of the veracity of the claim .
    But ;unlike the McCain story ,there was a verifiable source to the ACORN story in Anita MonCrief ,a former ACORN employee .Hoyte does not dispute her claims.But even though she had been the highly reliable source of many Strom stories about ACORN before ,she suddenly became ,in the Slimes view ,an unreliable source for this story in the days before the election??

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Broken window parts for Acorn Windows [ 4 Answers ]

I have windows that were manufactured by a company called Acorn Windows. Does anyone know where I can find some replacement parts?

Acorn and SCOTUS [ 29 Answers ]

What's this I'm hearing? Did the SCOTUS really decline to force the AG of Ohio to verify 200,000 new suspect voter registrations? Most were submitted by ACORN, it seems. Have we reached the place when a partisan AG and Governor can support voter fraud in order for their guy to be elected, and NOT...

According to ACORN . [ 55 Answers ]

... Voter-registration can't be totally fraud-free. Voter-registration can't be totally fraud-free, group says - Cleveland.com This astonishing admission comes after the FBI raid in Nevada that Steve linked to in another posting . Tony Romo ,Terrell Owens get to vote twice it seems. ...

Gfi troubles [ 2 Answers ]

I have a three wire going into a box In the box the red is for a heater the black is split into three to feed the fan and light and a outlet. In the outlet I put a gfi outlet. Now when I switch the fan switch back and forth it trips the gfi. Is this because they share the same neutral. I also...

Car Troubles [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 2004 Dodge Stratus. I recently put the car into the shop (7 days ago) to have the usual maintenance done on the car. I had an oil change, engine tuneup, and I also had to have some ignition wires replaced. My car silently shut off twice today and the steering wheel even locked up as I...

View more questions Search