Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ETWolverine Posts: 934, Reputation: 275

May 14, 2009, 12:29 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverfoxkit View Post
    "Cuz Mcain is stupid." okay I agree with the last one. We got a terrible choice of idiots this time around.
    I know that that was one excuse used by many people who voted for Obama. But I fail to see how voting for McCain could possibly have created a WORSE situation than we have now. I know that Dems would love to blame the current $1.8 trillion budget deficit or the $10 trillion increase in national debt on Bush, but it was Obama who pushed these things. He quadrupled the deficit, doubled the national debt, and is already talking about additional spending... and he accomplished it in less than 4 months in office.

Elliot
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

May 14, 2009, 12:32 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ETWolverine View Post
    I know that that was one excuse used by many people who voted for Obama. But I fail to see how voting for McCain could possibly have created a WORSE situation than we have now. I know that Dems would love to blame the current $1.8 trillion budget deficit or the $10 trillion increase in national debt on Bush, but it was Obama who pushed these things. He quadrupled the deficit, doubled the national debt, and is already talking about additional spending... and he accomplished it in less than 4 months in office.

Elliot
    Bingo
    Everybody was so caught up with CHANGE
    They thought switching sides was the only chance for change.
    NOW we have change
    At our expense.
    450donn Posts: 1,821, Reputation: 239
    Ultra Member

May 14, 2009, 01:07 PM
    Well we have a little over 3 more years, lets hope the people see him for what he's worth as a person and not just what race he is before the next election. I
    In truth Silverfoxkit is that we have less than two years to get rid of the real problems in Washington. If congress was to have a radical face change we could make Nobama a lame duck for his last two years.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

May 14, 2009, 02:29 PM

Or we can start hurling rocks with a catapult.
    Dare81 Posts: 264, Reputation: 44

May 14, 2009, 02:45 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by N0help4u View Post
    One thing for sure we will see the photos before we ever see a real Obama birth certificate
    Any other conspiracy theory you would like to share with us.
    Ultra Member

May 14, 2009, 03:01 PM
    I don't think it is relevant but I'd like Obama to release it since he has nothing to hide :

Back to the subject . I alluded to his "on the job training in my first reply to this posting . Today in American Spectator Andrew Cline makes a similar point :

President Obama's decision not to release photos of detainees abused while in U.S. custody in Iraq and Afghanistan is potentially representative of an important change in the way this administration handles politically sensitive subjects.
    Until very recently, the president has displayed a tendency to make decisions on weighty matters by instinct. For all of his hyped "thoughtfulness," as president, Obama has been less than intellectual in his approach.
    When it came to crafting a stimulus bill, the White House could hardly be bothered to check the details. That was left to the Democratic leadership in the House. The president was Billy Mays, out there selling the thing with a huge smile and a glimmer in his eye. But unlike Mays, he hadn't even tested the product he was pitching. In fact, he pitched it before he even saw it.
    The president announced major decisions on stem cell research and abortion funding as if he were announcing that he'd decided to have soup for lunch instead of a sandwich. There was not even an attempt to show that serious thought had gone into the matters. The stated reasoning behind the stem cell decision was so convoluted that clearly no serious thought had gone into it, other than to pick the right political jargon.
    The president's knee-jerk reaction on AIG bonuses was so ridiculous that he had to take it back almost immediately.
    But lately, it seems that we've begun to see a shift away from the instantaneous application of reactionary liberal positions and toward a more pragmatic approach.
    The General Motors bailout, which started as shoot-from-the-hip leftism, was the second instance of Obama's, shall we say, more nuanced governing.. .

On the issue of detainee treatment, the president released CIA memos that described particular interrogation techniques. It was a knee-jerk liberal reaction, and a costly one. It was costly to the United States and costly to the president politically. It was joined by another knee-jerk decision: to release photos of abused detainees.
    Tellingly, Obama decided to release the detainee photos before he had even seen them, according to news reports. That's not the sign of a thoughtful executive. But after the scolding he got on the CIA memos, he seems to have given the issue some actual consideration. As a result, he reversed course and decided to keep the photos sealed.

"The publication of these photos would not add any additional benefit to our understanding of what was carried out in the past by a small number of individuals," he said. "In fact, the most direct consequence of releasing them, I believe, would be to further inflame anti-American opinion and to put our troops in greater danger."

The exact same thing could have been said of the CIA memos. In that case, the president doesn't seem to have given his decision a great deal of consideration. Perhaps he did. He supposedly listened to a lot of advice on the matter. But his decision was the same as it would have been had he listened to no one.

The start of this pragmatic trend probably was the rescue of ship captain Richard Phillips. Clearly, Obama's instinct was not to use deadly force. He waited two days after the kidnapping before he authorized the Navy to kill the pirates. His decision was a pragmatic one reached via deliberation, not gut reaction. It not only worked, it was politically beneficial as well.

Perhaps these decisions signal the beginning of Obama's slow transition from candidate to president. As a candidate, Obama was free to indulge in all sorts of moral posturing. Shipping jobs overseas is bad! Government secrecy, even on national security matters, is bad! Shooting our enemies instead of talking to them is bad! As president, he is finding that reality is not so black and white. If it helps save a company, outsourcing is beneficial. If it will protect our national security, keeping secrets is a good idea. If our enemies are pointing guns at us and refusing to listen, shooting them hardly makes us barbaric.
    Maybe these are just isolated incidents that don't signify a trend. But let's hope they do. A pragmatic Obama engages that much-touted brain more than an ideological Obama does. Which means that he makes much better decisions.
    The American Spectator : Obama Gets Pragmatic
    Silverfoxkit Posts: 798, Reputation: 264

May 14, 2009, 04:20 PM

or we can start hurling rocks with a catapult.
    All right, all right I just have to ask. Was that random joke or a reference to my sig?
    Ultra Member

May 14, 2009, 04:26 PM

Lol I was an altar boy in the old days .
    Skell Posts: 1,863, Reputation: 514
    Ultra Member

May 14, 2009, 08:15 PM

N0, I can't believe your still clinging to the birth certificate issue or the NY flyover for that matter. Granted I'm a yank, and the NY thing was a little silly but is it really worth fretting over still?

I find it ridiculous and trivial in comparison to the real issues you guys have at hand. But for you that sensationalised news still clutters your head.

Time to realign the thought processes I think.

May 14, 2009, 09:46 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Skell View Post
    N0, I can't believe your still clinging to the birth certificate issue or the NY flyover for that matter. Granted im a yank, and the NY thing was a little silly but is it really worth fretting over still?

I find it ridiculous and trivial in comparison to the real issues you guys have at hand. But for you that sensationalised news still clutters your head.

Time to realign the thought processes i think.
    When you don't have real issues to talk about, I guess you hang on to grabage like the birth certificate, I bet if obama was white a southern accent you would not been asking him about his birth certificate

May 14, 2009, 09:58 PM

Hahahaha... I'm not laughing with you, I'm laughing at you, just to clarify. That kind of immature thinking is what created the problem to begin with by putting this man into office.

The big picture here isn't race or accent, as previously stated if you had bothered to actually read previous posts, but Obama himself, as a person and his actions.
    Truth is if Obama was a white southern guy as you said then he would very likely have not been elected at all.

I'd be just as happy with a black president if that president was competent.

May 14, 2009, 10:31 PM
    [QUOTE=Silverfoxkit;1736216].
    Truth is if Obama was a white southern guy as you said then he would very likely have not been elected at all.
    QUOTE]

So you are saying that his race had something to do with him winning the election?? HAHAHHAHA. The one who laugh's last laugh's...

May 14, 2009, 11:16 PM

Yes, sadly his race did have something to do with his winning the election, very much so. That fact is undeniable. It certainly wasn't because of his past experience or other qualifications.

Him being black may have played largely in his favor for winning but it isn't what makes him a bad president, it is him as a person.

May 15, 2009, 12:05 AM
    Yes, sadly his race did have something to do with his winning the election, very much so. That fact is undeniable. It certainly wasn't becuase of his past experience or other qualifications.

Him being black may have played largely in his favor for winning but it isn't what makes him a bad president, it is him as a person.
    Most people voted for him because he was a better canditate than mc cain, if you think the only reason he won was because he was black then you need to get off that rush limba cool aid.

May 15, 2009, 12:10 AM

Here is some more . Polls showed that during the democratic primary Obama significantly trailed Hillary Clinton among black voters.WHAT BLACK PEOPLE WON'T VOTE FOR A BLACK CANDIDATE, this is going to be a real surprise to you.LOL.hahah

May 15, 2009, 12:39 AM

Perhaps in some areas that may be true but the large majority of black people in my area did vote for him, when asked why most of them had no logical reason other then his race.

Would you be supporting him so much yourself if he was not black? If he really was a southern white guy? Answer truly. Considering all of the facts, would you still support him and why?

May 15, 2009, 01:07 AM
    Perhaps in some areas that may be true but the large majority of black people in my area did vote for him, when asked why most of them had no logical reason other then his race.

Would you be supporting him so much yourself if he was not black? If he really was a southern white guy? Answer truly. Considering all of the facts, would you still support him and why?
    Err yes, I voted for bush the first time round and would have voted for ron paul this time around.Race is not an issue for me, by the looks of it it seems like it is a huge issue for you.The majority of black people in your area, really . What you are doing here is called generalization , look it up.

May 15, 2009, 01:20 AM

I'm not generalizing. I asked a large number of people personally. The fact is that out of the people I asked most African Americans supported Obama. Some of them did not but the majority did.

I am personally not much of a fan of either choices, however due to my own personally beliefs I am more inclined towards Mcain. I wish there had been better candidates for both parties.

I am getting quite tired of you accusing me of being racist. Anytime anybody has a problem with Obama too many people instantly try and throw that card out there.

May 15, 2009, 01:32 AM
    I'm not generalizing. I asked a large number of people personally. The fact is that out of the people I asked most African Americans supported Obama. Some of them did not but the majority did.

I am personally not much of a fan of either choices, however due to my own personally beliefs I am more inclined towards Mcain. I wish there had been better candidates for both parties.

I am getting quite tired of you accusing me of being racist. Anytime anybody has a problem with Obama too many people instantly try and throw that card out there.
    I asked a lot of people when I went to kkk meeting if they were racist and they all said they hated black people hence I believe that all white people hate black people.

Now do you see the absurdity of your logic

May 15, 2009, 02:21 AM

What does the kkk have to do with anything exactly?

I simply struck up conversation with people who came into the store I worked at about who they wanted for president and why. I will even admit perhaps some areas were more influenced by race then others.

If you truly believe that race was absolutely no factor in this election then you are a fool.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cheney is a SMART man [ 16 Answers ]

Hello: He looks to the past few years or so, and declares that what he did worked because we haven't been attacked again... But, look at Spain. After their subways were attacked in 2004, they WITHDREW from Iraq, and haven't been attacked again... Hmmm... So, does torturing prisoners...

Are Bush and Cheney above the Law? [ 5 Answers ]

Yesterday, Senator Patrick Leahy called Bush's refusal to release White House documents, "Nixonian stonewalling." Leahy added, "In America, no one is above law."1 When Bush refused to comply with Congressional subpoenas regarding the U.S. Attorneys firing scandal he was really flaunting his...

The 4th branch of government - Cheney! [ 13 Answers ]

Hello: THIS administration gets curiouser and curiouser... You got to give the guy an A for chutzpah. You know... I think he's been the pres all along... excon

Quiet but chatty member [ 26 Answers ]

Why am I so quiet?

View more questions Search