Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hoightoider Posts: 41, Reputation: 2

May 13, 2009, 01:26 PM
    Unemployment Work Search Audit
    Has anyone experienced an audit from the North Carolina Unemployment Commission to verify the "work search" requirement? I have mailed out numerous resumes and would like some feedback as to how this type of search might be treated. Does everyone get audited for "work search" compliance? I want to be prepared in case I do get audited.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

May 13, 2009, 01:32 PM

I recently got a later from my state DOL to show up for an orientation on doing a job search. In that letter I was instructed to bring in my job search log.

At the orientation the leader stated point blank that they do not have the manpower to review those logs and they were never even asked for. While this may not be entirely true for your local DOL office, I suspect, in these times it is true.

You should keep a log showing who you sent the application to, when it was sent, the title of the job and any response you received. (I actually designed an Microsoft Access app to keep track of this for me.) If ever you are called on to produce it, you do. I doubt if it will be given more than a cursory review.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Tax audit. Filed wrong 1099 forms from previous year and received an audit notice [ 1 Answers ]

In 2008 I filed my taxes for 2007 and used the wrong 1099 forms for that specific year, 2007. It seems my tax preparer used my 2006 1099 forms, for the year 2007, and my income was $70,000 higher in 2006 than 2007. Therefore, I reported $70,000 more income than actually earned. My tax preparer...

Unemployment how long I have to work to receive [ 1 Answers ]

How long do I have to work to get unemployment

Filing for unemployment? Work in NJ live in NYC [ 1 Answers ]

If I live in Manhattan and work in New Jersey do I have to file in New Jersey? I am getting laid off from my job May 30th, one week from now so I was to be prepared for next week.

Where do you collect unemployment if you work and live in two different states? [ 1 Answers ]

If am employed in Philadelphia but live in Las Vegas if I lose my job where do I file for unemployment? Thank you.

View more questions Search