Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ttst12345 Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

May 12, 2009, 11:05 AM
    Accidental 2X dose of Wellbutrin XL, Lamictal, BCP
    The title says it all. I accidentally took two days' dosage of Wellbutrin XL, Lamictal, and birth control pills about 1 1/2 horus ago. I'm not terribly worried (i.e. don't plan to contact poison control center) but I wanted to confirm my expectations about possible side effects:

- Increased fuzziness and confusion of thought
    - Headache and ringing in ears
    - Lack of coordination

So I won't plan to drive today or make any financial or other important decisions. :) Anyone have any input about other possible SEs?

Thanks!
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

May 12, 2009, 11:24 AM

You could also be facing bad nausea - you are aware, I would think, that you are advised to call your Physician if you take an overdose of lamictal.

I would think a double dose could be an overdose.

The other problems is hives and swelling of the mouth, face, tongue - any of which can be life threatening.
    ttst12345 Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

May 12, 2009, 11:50 AM
    Judy, thank you for your reply.

Normally, I would have called my psych doc for more information. However, this MD has started a policy where, unless you come into his office, he will charge you a minimum of $30 for any telephone call - even if it's appropriate. His reasoning is that he can't bill for the time, so the patient/insurance company should do so. I'd been planning to switch MDs but forgot about it. Now the importance of doing so becomes more clear.

Although I'm familiar with the side effects of Wellbutrin, your info about Lamictal is important, and it may be worth the $30 to call and ask.

Thanks again for the information.
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

May 12, 2009, 11:54 AM

Call your pharmacist, They have better medication knowledge most of the time.
    Uber Member

May 12, 2009, 12:16 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ttst12345 View Post
    Judy, thank you for your reply.

Normally, I would have called my psych doc for more information. However, this MD has started a policy where, unless you come into his office, he will charge you a minimum of $30 for any telephone call - even if it's appropriate. His reasoning is that he can't bill for the time, so the patient/insurance company should do so. I'd been planning to switch MDs but forgot about it. Now the importance of doing so becomes more clear.

Although I'm familiar with the side effects of Wellbutrin, your info about Lamictal is important, and it may be worth the $30 to call and ask.

Thanks again for the information.

YIKES! This is some policy - amazing and I believe it's true. Of course, medicine is now a business.
    Uber Member

May 12, 2009, 12:17 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by KeepItSimpleStupid View Post
    Call your pharmacist, They have better medication knowledge most of the time.

My thinking is - married to a Doctor of Pharmacy - that the Pharmacist is not going to answer this in any fashion other than, "Check with your Doctor."

OP seems to be OK, seems some time has passed. Scary just the same.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wellbutrin and how much to stop crying [ 11 Answers ]

I went off effexor and taking 2 tablets a day of Wellbutrin generic but still am crying and not eating. I will go to the Dr. but don't know what to ask him as my mind jumps around all the time. Any help would be appreciated

Wellbutrin and Zoloft [ 1 Answers ]

Is it OK to take wellbutrin with Zoloft? If so what are the benefits and the disadvantages?

Wellbutrin side effects [ 2 Answers ]

I started taking wellbutrin about 3 months ago but I am still drinking wine at night. Are there any serious side effects from this?

Wellbutrin any SUBSTITUES? [ 1 Answers ]

I was on wellburtin for a year or so. I just moved and have no medical and I need my meds... is there any substitues that's over the counter for burphoin?

View more questions Search