Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    iLy541 Posts: 28, Reputation: 1

Oct 9, 2008, 08:10 AM
    Why does My Chest Turn RED when I'm Nervous
    I'm 14 yrs old and evertime I'm with a guy I like my nerves get the best of me,
    My chest turns so red that it looks like an allergic reaction
    I have been trying to control it but I have no idea what to do_
    Its so embarrassing and really has a mind of it's own.
    HELP!
    How can I control it? :confused:
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Oct 9, 2008, 08:13 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by iLy541 View Post
    im 14 yrs old and evertime im with a guy i like my nerves get the best of me,
    my chest turns so red that it looks like an allergic reaction
    I have been trying to control it but i have no idea what to do_
    its so embarrassing and really has a mind of it's own.
    HELP!
    How can i control it??:confused:
    It is a form of blushing and if you can control your face blushing, then you can your chest. Don't worry about it. It is probablynot as red you think, probably just pink. Don't worry about it, it could be attractive in a way.
    jambourrie Posts: 73, Reputation: 10

Oct 9, 2008, 09:32 AM

I am 29 and I still do that... I used to be quite self conscious about it when I was younger... but to be honest, I think more people thought it was cute than anything else. :) A real show of emotion.
    iLy541 Posts: 28, Reputation: 1

Oct 9, 2008, 04:04 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tickle View Post
    It is a form of blushing and if you can control your face blushing, then you can your chest. Dont worry about it. It is probablynot as red you think, probably just pink. Dont worry about it, it could be attractive in a way.
    It's actually is really Red as if I got kicked by poison ivy
    SarahSpencer Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 29, 2008, 03:43 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by iLy541 View Post
    It's actually is really Red as if i got kicked by poison ivy
    OMG same! My face and chest go really red and blotchy! Its so horrible, and I don't know how to stop it.
    Stephieee Posts: 34, Reputation: 7

Oct 29, 2008, 04:15 PM

I get the same way... except it happens to me when I drink- especially wine. Ive heard a few people say it is due to a scottish or irish heritage (im scottish). I know it has a lot to due with having very fair, translucent, sensitive skin. It seems to help me to drink a lot of water, but again, mine's triggered by alcohol.
    jclong Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 28, 2009, 08:47 PM

Happens to me too, I'm 15.. and anywhere I go, it turns red for no reason.. not to mention it is embarrassing everyone's always pointing it out, and I'm just like I know..
    bmac0623 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 30, 2009, 02:01 PM

I get this too! And it is embarrassing, because it makes me look like I'm self-conscious at interviews or not capable of being calm. But I do love talking to people, and am really outgoing so I find it very odd. I wish I knew how to do some self-hypnosis thing that would stop it at the moment my emotional levels were changing. I am almost all Scotish and I didn't know that, but it's somewhat relieving as an excuse ha. Stephieee where did you hear that from?
    Chuds617 Posts: 1, Reputation: 3

May 8, 2009, 12:40 PM
    Omggg.okay I'm 16 years old and a girl.and this happens to me sooooo much.
    Like if I'm with a guy I like and he kisses me once... my chest gets sooo red and blochy.. and like if the guy points it out I get more embarrassed and just say it's a rash or something from my clothes. I don't know how to stop it! I always wear tee-shirts that go up to my neck.. it sucks because I want to loook cute, but I'm too worrried about turning red and blotchy

Anddd I dance.and love talking to people and I'm really social. I just HATEE when this happens.

I NEED A SOLUTION NOWWWWWW.
    nikkiboo Posts: 31, Reputation: 0

May 15, 2009, 04:14 PM

OMG... DANG... I thought I was the only one that this happens I'm also a teen 15 , only mine is a little different my hair makes my chest splotchey looking, when I'm nervous it is every where more on my arms and cheast and the worest part of all is that I can sweat or just be out in the sun for up to like 2 min and it get all splochey so I talked to my mom and she is going to make me a doc apointment so mabe you should do that to its worth a try

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

How do I get him to not be nervous? [ 1 Answers ]

I know this boy that has actually told me that he likes me and i told him that I like him back. He really likes to talk to me and I like to talk to him. But, he gets pretty nervous when he talks to me and stutters making it difficult to talk to him back. I really would like an answer because I...

Nervous chi. [ 3 Answers ]

I have a lab, and she is friendly and loves people, I have a dalmatian he is the same, my terrior was the same to. Now I have a new 1 year old Chi. And he is so timid and scared. I don't know how to make him... friendly.Please help me.

Nervous it's not his [ 2 Answers ]

My first day of last period was 6/28/07 and light period lasted until 7/3/07... now seven months pregnant with first baby. I unfortunately was unfaithful to my boyfriend on July 2nd, 3rd &, 5th while on vacation... but he wore condoms. When I returned on July 7th, my boyfriend and I celebrated my...

Being nervous! [ 4 Answers ]

Hey guys, haven't posted in awhile but wanted to get some advice from all the good people on here. Anyway, I had a quick question. For some reason every time I talk to my ex girlfriend I get really nervous and have to struggle just to talk normal. Most of the time I can cut up and be goofy but it...

View more questions Search