Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kats40 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

May 4, 2009, 06:41 PM
    Thermostat on wall keeps going out digital for heat and air
    2 days ago my thermostat display went dark and blank no temp there. I have central air and heating. New unit was put in 2 yrs ago. It came back on by itself by morning. Now it went off again. Can this be a short? Where would the short be? I need to have someone look at this? Help please! Thanks
    Joshdta Posts: 2,549, Reputation: 45
    Ultra Member

May 4, 2009, 06:50 PM

Did you check the battries?

May 5, 2009, 03:28 AM

Not sure if it even takes batteries? Just had service man out 2 weeks ago for a different issue I would think he might of checked that? Not sure
    Ultra Member

May 5, 2009, 04:20 AM

Well from my experience, when iit starts flashing on and off like that either it needs new battries or if it does not take battries then the stat itself is starting to go bad and will probably need replaced.

May 5, 2009, 03:49 PM
    I cked no batteries and this is just a 2 yr old wall thermostat that was installed with the new a/c ? I will ck warranty and see if they will cover that. Thanks for all that responsed
    Ultra Member

May 5, 2009, 03:50 PM

Check t make sure the c wire is connected good this may also be causing it.

May 5, 2009, 03:52 PM
    C wire?
    Ultra Member

May 5, 2009, 03:55 PM

The wire connected to the c terminal on your t-stat

May 5, 2009, 04:01 PM
    Hahhaaha still don't know I'm not good at that kind of stuff but I call my service people thanks:)
    Ultra Member

May 5, 2009, 04:06 PM

If you take the stat off the wall it will just snap off. You can see the wires behind it. The r and the c are the two that powerr the stat

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Digital Thermostat options for multi-stage heat pump [ 10 Answers ]

After many hours searching the web and various forums concerning the attempt to wire-in a Hunter brand programmable thermostat, model # 44360, and seeing the mass confusion this thermostat has caused to many folks, including myself, I can answer this with great confidence: Hunter model # 44360...

Changing from non digital thermostat to digital [ 1 Answers ]

I have an old non digital Honeywell T87F thermostat, gas burner with baseboard water heat. Can I change to a new digital Honewywell RTH230B and how? Thank you

In wall heater is giving off heat when thermostat is off. Any thoughts? [ 2 Answers ]

Hello from California! I just moved into an older home that has an older gas furnace/heater that is built into the wall. The brand is "Westwood" and it's approximately 16x66 inches. It sticks out about 4 or 5 inches on each side of the wall (one side heats the living room, and the other side...

Upgrading Digital Thermostat w/ Heat Pump & Gas Aux [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I am looking for a recommendation for a new thermostat. I currently have an electric heat pump with gas backup and two-stage blower. The current thermostat is a very basic digital model ( White-Rodgers ) and is working properly, as far as I can tell. It works like this: Heating Mode:...

View more questions Search