Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kblair Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 4, 2009, 03:28 PM
    Where is the starter located on a 1996 honda accord
    Where is the starter located on a 1996 honda accord?
    Krazi Posts: 358, Reputation: 70

May 4, 2009, 03:47 PM

Trace the positive (+) red battery cable from the battery to transmission, the positive (+)red battery cable leads to the starter solenoid then on down to starter.

4cylinder the starter is on top of the transmission passenger side and the 6 cylinder motor the starter is on the top of the transmission, side.
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

May 4, 2009, 03:48 PM

Beneath and to the rear of the distributor.

May 4, 2009, 04:26 PM

Thanks guys! I tried to start it this morning and nothing. A/C and radio came on strong so I didn't think it was the battery. Checked the battery anyway for corrosion and there was none. Check the water level and it was fine. The battery is fairly new. I would imagine the starter is the original, as I bought the car second hand. Should I check anything else out before I take the mechanic's word for it? I didn't want to pay for the $75 tow to go 1 mile from my home to the shop, so I asked them if there was a way to start it. They said to bang on the starter and sometimes this would make a connection so that it would start and I could at least get it to the shop. Any other suggestions?
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

May 4, 2009, 04:33 PM

This should help:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/cars-t...tml#post235560

Be sure to test all underhood and underdash fuses with a test light or multimeter:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/cars-t...tml#post252145

Personally, I would remove the battery and place it on a charger--then there's no doubt about whether it's good or not. AutoZone will do this for free. Honda starter motors are very reliable.

May 4, 2009, 04:41 PM

Thanks txgreasemonkey. I will do that. I'm in Texas too, by the way. Hook 'em Horns!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Where is the starter on a 1996 honda accord? [ 3 Answers ]

I just have no clue where it is. Thanks

Where is the starter located on a 1996 honda accord [ 2 Answers ]

Whre should I look for the starter on my 1996 honda accord, my car will not turn over how can check if it is the starter,

I have a 1992 honda accord and would like to put a 1996 honda accord engine and trans [ 2 Answers ]

I got a 1992 honda accord and would like to put a 1996 honda accord engine and trans in it. Would it be possibly.

Where is the starter on a 96 honda accord located? [ 1 Answers ]

How do I find the starter on a 96 honda accord?

1996 Honda Accord Starter [ 3 Answers ]

I think I'm having problems with my starter. A week ago I was driving down the road and my entire dashboard went out and then came back on in a split second. The car still drove fine and I was able to make it to my destination. The next morning when I got up my car would not start. Initially...

View more questions Search